Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Am I happy with a point after todays game?  (Read 5377 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 20:21:00 »

I'm unsure. The game was in our hands. Yeovil were poor and we didn't capatilise on it at all. Curo should definately of scored from Shakes 'cross' which i believe was a shot.

Nicho and Smith were poor today getting dragged out of position a lot but in fairness they're not wing backs. Whalley bossed the centre, gurney should've had more bottle to put his head down and drill it. Curo never stopped running.

Crowd was rubbish. No singing no atmosphere. Disappointing considering we had a very good turnout.

Pub was miles away and took me an hour to get out the ground!  :evil:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 20:29:05 »

single point hauls arent good enough....

we could & should have had all 3 today
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 20:29:36 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
I'm unsure. The game was in our hands. Yeovil were poor and we didn't capatilise on it at all. Curo should definately of scored from Shakes 'cross' which i believe was a shot.

Nicho and Smith were poor today getting dragged out of position a lot but in fairness they're not wing backs. Whalley bossed the centre, gurney should've had more bottle to put his head down and drill it. Curo never stopped running.

Crowd was rubbish. No singing no atmosphere. Disappointing considering we had a very good turnout.

Should've turned right out of the car park, we were out in 40 minutes. :|

Still can't belive Cureton didn't score, and why don't our midfield shoot? :x Whalley was by far the best player out there, with him in the team playing like that in the last two or three games I think we would be in a far more pleasing position in the league. Outstanding.

I'm intrigued as to how the pre-match red and white strips looked, anybody find me some photos?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 20:40:28 »

Hopefully the whole pre-match thing looked good.

I am not HAPPY with the point but I have no complaints about drawing. We bossed the game and were unlucky. 99/100 time Curo would have scored
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 23:45:19 »

Personally I'm happier with 1 point rather than 0. However, if we are serious about trying to stay up then 3 points was the order of the day.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 00:09:16 »

a point is good....but we need 3.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 00:53:21 »

I'm happy with a point, we just don't win away from home.
Duncan_Shearer

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 01:04:11 »

We need Platt and Smith back soon to have any chance of staying up. Whalley is better than Migs.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 01:16:24 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
Quote from: "stfcfan"

Should've turned right out of the car park, we were out in 40 minutes. :|

we got out of the ground had another pint and then got a taxi in 35 mins. easy easy easy easy

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 01:30:33 »

Quote from: "DV85"
single point hauls arent good enough....

we could & should have had all 3 today
don't overrate us
STFC Village

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 01:34:46 »

Anyway, i'm ecstatic with el punctus, it's if we can follow it up
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 12:43:12 »

Its looking good for us going into this saturdays game. Beast is back, CCP and P.smith should be available too. Some extra confidence after the good performance and result we got....who knows what could happen. I really really hope this is the turn around point for us now.

Looking at yeovils ground yesterday it got me thinking.If we got relegated ,this is what we would be seeing most weeks made me think. We don't deserve that , we deserve better. The fans deserve better too, been outstanding all season. We are definately not a shit football team, We've been down the bottom of the league for ,well all the season really and I have still witnessed some excellent football.
We have some really decent players that work their arses off such as curo, peacock and beast to name a few. I still think we have a good chance of staying up this season. Iffy still has belief and I'm sure the players do and will move ahead now and start getting stuck in and getting those points.
Call me stupid for thinking this or whatever. I don't care  Cheesy

RED ARMY
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 12:47:59 »

im not confident at all! if you look at the table we are 3 points adrift but EVERY team above us has a game in hand. at least one of them is bound to win. a point was not good enough yesterday its as simple as that! we have to win all our home games as i cant see us beating Col U or City or Swansea on our travels
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:40:40 »

We dominated and should have won, so no.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:34:03 »

Quote from: "Sade"
Its looking good for us going into this saturdays game. Beast is back, CCP and P.smith should be available too.

Ifil has another game suspension plus there is no guarntee CCP will be back and P.Smith wont play again this season....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: