Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whalley  (Read 6582 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:13:24 »

Evans 6 (Made some mistakes lets be honest)
Nicho 6
Gurns 7
Seano 6
Jenks 6
Smith 7
Whalley 8
Pook 6
Brown 7
Curo 6
Peacock 6

Migs 5
Shakes 2 (Was that the real Ricky Shakes?!)
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:17:40 »

Hats off. He done good.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 14:41:21 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Whalley was fucking excellent out there today, he was controled and calm on the ball, only got caught in posession once and I only remember two passes of his that didnt go to a red shirt.

He seemed a class above anything else on that pitch today, he pulled the strings all our moves went through him.

He was well over due a game

Word, very impressed.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:04:24 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Whalley was fucking excellent out there today, he was controled and calm on the ball, only got caught in posession once and I only remember two passes of his that didnt go to a red shirt.

He seemed a class above anything else on that pitch today, he pulled the strings all our moves went through him.

Word, very impressed.

With Whalleys performance or the fact DV said something positive?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:14:52 »

i missed yesterday's game, obviously, but i've seen whalley a number of times and have never been particularly impressed with him, bar one good performance at port vale - after which he shouldn't have been dropped - but provided he continues to play well he'll be an extra option in midfield and possibly an almost direct replacement for stef, who has been poor lately.

i assumed there was other circumstances for him being a forgotten man in midfield, if spencer's right about him then it'd certainly make sense. i'm sure i recall reading that he's not the sort of player to get stuck in when the going gets tough when he joined.

i noticed he's only signed a 2 year deal as well, i was sure it was 3 but he turned down 3 at grimsby to sign for 2 here.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:24:36 »

Quote from: "Tails"

Word, very impressed.

With Whalleys performance or the fact DV said something positive?

:twisted:

It was a good performance, and I still wonder why hasnt been in the team for ages....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:28:47 »

on the basis of what spencer suggested about him, i wouldn't select him unless absolutely neccesary. i imagine iffy isn't the type to put up with that sort of attitude either.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:37:49 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
on the basis of what spencer suggested about him, i wouldn't select him unless absolutely neccesary. i imagine iffy isn't the type to put up with that sort of attitude either.

but if he is better than Miglioranzi, Gurney, Smith, CCP & Pook then surely you put him in?

You have to remember that Whalley has played at the top level, infact off the top of my head he is the only one in our squad who has played at the highest level. There is a reason why he made it that far.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:48:15 »

he's never played at the top level has he? i thought he left bradford the season they went up.

of our current squad, i think only benjamin has played in the premiership.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 15:58:31 »

he's never played at the top level has he? i thought he left bradford the season they went up.

of our current squad, i think only benjamin has played in the premiership.

I thought he did play for them in the Premiership??

How Benjamin got into the Premiership, god only knows.....
DMR

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 16:16:31 »

rubbish, that's only hearsay anyway isn't it.

you pick the right man for the job and whalley proved he's got the quality yesterday and thus stays in the team, unless you're a prat or a meddler. unfortunately, iffy meddles too much.
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 16:45:16 »

"He's applied himself well and he's been a top, top proffessional throughout a tough time" said Iffy.

End of discussion.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 18:53:15 »

Yeah, he wa really good today.

Sean played better today with Jenks I thought.

here's the man himself when you need him?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 19:03:50 »

rubbish, that's only hearsay anyway isn't it.

you pick the right man for the job and whalley proved he's got the quality yesterday and thus stays in the team, unless you're a prat or a meddler. unfortunately, iffy meddles too much.

hearsay it maybe, but neither of us knows if it's true or not. personally i think it's a fairly logical explanation given the fact he's been left out for so long.

the right man for the job usually needs the right attitude and if whalley was the right man for the job yesterday then perhaps it disproves what i've suggested.

as for iffy being a meddler, fair point to an extent but you can hardly play the same eleven after a 3-2 capitulation, a 7-1 humiliation and a poor 2-1 loss.
STFC Village

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 12, 2006, 19:09:30 »

Ace! You liked my poem then? Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: