Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whalley  (Read 1971 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 14:35:21 »

Just a small point.Thought it was a bit of a snub when Migz came off and Jarrett went on.Ideal opportunity to see if Whalley could hack it.Leave Browny on the left and straight swap Whalley for Migz?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 14:41:57 »

I wonder what has happened in the case of Whalley?

He's had two very poor results go against him in the reserves as have others but his exclusion under Iffy is starting to look quite deliberate.  

I recall in the summer reading some of the feedback from his previous clubs that he often gave the impression of a bit of an outsider and not really one to dig deep when things aren’t going his way.  Another year to run on his contract as well and I can’t see many takers.

my-velocity

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 15:28:42 »

Whalley would have played better football than migz and that's a fact. He's more experienced (slightly) and a strong player who holds the Midfield much better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 17:23:21 »

I think Iffy mainly wanted to add more pace to the wings....he wanted to bring Jarrett on more than he wanted to take Migz off if that makes sense
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 17:34:03 »

But Brown can't play in the middle. So why waste him there?
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 18:54:11 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
Whalley would have played better football than migz and that's a fact. He's more experienced (slightly) and a strong player who holds the Midfield much better.

I had high hopes. But the fact is he is a load of tosh. He hasnt fitted into the team at all. Seems to take no part in bonding as a team, and is generally happy to mope about in the background.

He started quite a few games for us. Hopefully his contract can be terminated in the summer
my-velocity

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 18:54:31 »

He should have started with Shakes and Brown on the wing end of.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2006, 21:57:47 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"

I had high hopes. But the fact is he is a load of tosh. He hasnt fitted into the team at all. Seems to take no part in bonding as a team, and is generally happy to mope about in the background.

He started quite a few games for us. Hopefully his contract can be terminated in the summer

How do you know that?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
my-velocity

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 9, 2006, 13:02:25 »

But Curo never fitted into the team until Fallon went, were playing different football now i think (a bit better). So i think Whalley should be given a chance.
Spencer_White

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 10, 2006, 17:35:21 »

Quote from: "adje"

How do you know that?

Things Ive heard. Apparently Thorpe and Whalley used to train and warm up on their own together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: