Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: King's Contract.  (Read 5483 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:13:59 »

How long is it?

I'm pretty sure Devlin did some good work in that respect by ensuring the club weren't tied to him for too long but does anyone remember the details?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:15:00 »

Rolling, I think.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:16:05 »

there was a clause in there that king would do his "best endevours" to manage the team. Like the Spurs fiasco we've been waiting a long time!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:31:16 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Rolling, I think.

Correct
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:32:01 »

so, would it cost us anything to fire him?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:33:47 »

Quote from: "Johno"
so, would it cost us anything to fire him?

if it's rolling surely we can just end it
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:35:24 »

thats what i thought.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 20:48:07 »

maybe at the end of the season?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 21:42:24 »

It's definitely a rolling contract.

There is no excuse not to fire him, so do it now!!   :beers
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 10:23:54 »

Yeah it is a rolling one year deal.
At any point if the he was to get sacked he would have to be paid off a years wages.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 12:46:33 »

Quote from: "Trowbridge Red"
Yeah it is a rolling one year deal.
At any point if the he was to get sacked he would have to be paid off a years wages.

This is the downside.....if King goes people blithely assume that we will get in Wenger or someone, when the reality is it will be Reeeeeves or Walsh, or Iffy as a long shot.

Now history tells us that such cut price appointments usually result in relegation the following season, this is what you would gamble, and the Board know it.

For this reason unless the wheels fall off McMahon syle in the latter half of the season, we are stuck with King.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 13:03:31 »

yes reg. I don't think they will sack king, but if they did it would be at the end of the season. the club would take at least a year to get back where they were with king (if they appoint on of these managers), but if it will work in the long term then it may be worth a go.

Swindon has always gambled on unproven managers and has had mixed results. If only we could get another Hoddle....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 14:21:37 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
yes reg. I don't think they will sack king, but if they did it would be at the end of the season. the club would take at least a year to get back where they were with king (if they appoint on of these managers), but if it will work in the long term then it may be worth a go.

Swindon has always gambled on unproven managers and has had mixed results. If only we could get another Hoddle....

The difference with an appointment like Hoddle, was that the previous manager left of his own choice, hence no compensation.....my understanding of a rolling contract is it commits to no more than a year of compensation, thus avoiding a Rix style situation at O*frod...where he would be eligible to 2 years of pay.

When there is no compensation, then a new manager can be afforded......I would like to see Walsh go and King try and get in Harford.to be in charge of tactics etc.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 14:34:15 »

we couldn't afford someone decent. reeves as manager..... i could see it!
Amir

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 23, 2005, 14:49:44 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The difference with an appointment like Hoddle, was that the previous manager left of his own choice, hence no compensation.....my understanding of a rolling contract is it commits to no more than a year of compensation, thus avoiding a Rix style situation at O*frod...where he would be eligible to 2 years of pay.

While that sounds reasonable, surely they've shot themselves in the foot somewhat as it seems unlikely he'll ever leave of his own accord?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: