Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christian Roberts  (Read 3553 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 12:14:47 »

"I should have a full squad to chose from apart from Christian Roberts, who I cannot see playing again this season quite honestly".

What's happened now?  I thought he was out for six weeks?  that is a huge blow if that's the case.  There'll be pressure on Slabber to fill his shoes as the Parkin Fallon partnership is too similar.

First he has a car accident, then its announced he has a hernia.  Can a hernia keep you out for 5 or 6 months?

He's the type of player that can really excite, and something which in my opinion we've lacked in recent months, despite Igoe and Howard's presence in the team.  Lets hope we do see him before the end of the season, or it'll seem like a bad buy, although of course Andy King couldn't of predicted his injury, but no doubt some will blame him.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 12:21:45 »

i get the impession that because CR said he wouldn't rush back too soon (he has had a hernia before and came back too soon) AK has taken a dim view on this. I think AK is perhaps getting too frustrated and carried away!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 19:57:05 »

certainly miss him at the moment
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 22, 2005, 21:01:53 »

yep
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 24, 2005, 10:45:06 »

Yeah CR was like a breath of fresh air when he turned up and although his form dipped with the rest of the team I still felt that when we had him in the starting line up we looked much more dangerous.  We are extremely pedestrian at the moment without the welsh genius.
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 24, 2005, 16:35:44 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
 We are extremely pedestrian at the moment without the welsh genius.

Yep. other than holmes who's not as quick as Roberts over a longer distance we have no pace at all up front or in midfield. makes us very predictable.

Other teams just kick our wuss boy midfield and can defend high up the pitch knowing that we've no pace to get in behind them
STFCTID

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 24, 2005, 17:55:53 »

has there been any news to clear up if he will play this season?
alex

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 17:47:24 »

hernias can take six weeks up to any length of time. theres no point him coming back if its not fully recovered as it would hurt like hell for him when he runs. i guess he could potentially be out for the rest of the season but thats probably unlikely. it will be interesting to see what he is like when he comes back because the hernia has probably been slowing him down for quite a long time. i don't think we have really seen what he can do.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 17:58:05 »

The man himself yesterday said on BBC Wiltshire he'll be out for 3 - 5 weeks with hernia.  He had an operation 2 weeks ago.  What the hell was King bleating on about him being out for the rest of the season.  King loves to paint a picture that he is hard done by with injuries and we have such a paper-thin squad.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 18:08:06 »

I'd rather he spent the rest of the season convalescing as it's pointless for him to come early.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 18:30:51 »

But we need him so we shouldn't wrap him up in cotton wool.

Tough one, no doubt too tough for AK who will probably either start him and his crutches at Oldham or release him on a free, claiming he will never walk again.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 18:53:42 »

Need him for what? Our vitally important battle for midtable?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 20:42:06 »

I don't think we should just give up on this season just because we probably won't make the playoffs. We are one of the teams who still has an outside chance so there is more left in this season for us than most teams.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 20:54:27 »

Have to agree we have a 3rd left of the season, 16 games not 6 ffs and are what 5 points off the play-offs. Only quitters would give up now.
alex

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 30, 2005, 23:36:10 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
But we need him so we shouldn't wrap him up in cotton wool.

Tough one, no doubt too tough for AK who will probably either start him and his crutches at Oldham or release him on a free, claiming he will never walk again.

yeh but you can't make him play when his intestines are still spilling out into his scrotum. its not really a matter of "wrapping him up in cotton wool". if he was played before he had fully recoved not only would it fucking hurt him but do you really think he could run very fast with a condition like that? a slow christian roberts would be a pointless as speed is the main part of his game.
king will just have to leave him and wait untill he declares himself fit. whether thst happens in 3weeks or not untill the end of the season is not within anybody's control
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: