Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 396023 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:11:23 »

From the so far one and only SA mouthpiece The Jockster..

For me it’s a no brainer what to do first -a dozen executive boxes in the DR. The revenue from those would fund other projects. It’s a difficult one because the construction costs wouldn’t be cheap and to fund that continued success n the pitch is essential in my opinion.

Here come the arseholes v Opinions. Not how I’d do it if it were up to me, however, it will be down to £’s out v £’s in. In my mind the afore mentioned opinion appears to have not taken into account where those displaced fans are going to sit. Many in prime positions. In fill the vacant DR seats or shove ‘em over to the JT stand? If the latter where are you going to put the away fans? On the uncovered bank? I think not. IMHO opinion it is a roof over the bank and proper amenities then develop the TE.

I guess the question is could the boxes be done in the off-season, and maybe only impact a couple of home games either side...?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:17:23 »

I was talking to a lad that worked for a company that was being used for odd jobs around the ground the last couple of years, he said they'd all been up into the pre-built second floor part of the DRS, there's lift shafts and such already in place, a decent amount of forethought went into that stand it seems! I'd agree the exec boxes would be a good place to start, but I think the 'easy' option I expect them to take would be the roof on the Bank. Where's the Rolex gonna be moved to, though?!

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:36:48 »

A massive no from me when it comes to a roof on the SB.
Needs to be condemned & rebuilt from scratch.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:37:56 »

I was talking to a lad that worked for a company that was being used for odd jobs around the ground the last couple of years, he said they'd all been up into the pre-built second floor part of the DRS, there's lift shafts and such already in place, a decent amount of forethought went into that stand it seems! I'd agree the exec boxes would be a good place to start, but I think the 'easy' option I expect them to take would be the roof on the Bank. Where's the Rolex gonna be moved to, though?!
If its got as far as you suggest, it's broadly a fit out job and I suggest actually a much easier option than trying to put a roof on made land.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:38:05 »

Yup. Putting lipstick on a pig.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 17:41:20 »

Quote from: FreddySTFC!

ditto, unless a case for needing the space to rehouse supporters while redeveloping other areas was made.

But I don't think it can be.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 18:01:47 »

If that what is takes then let’s do it. My roof on the bank didn’t just meant sone scaffolding and tarps over that shit heap. A proper refurb or bulldoze the lot if necessary.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 18:16:02 »

If you start with the TE, where do you relocate home fans?
The point of a cheap, temporary roof on the bank means you can either use it for home fans when the TE is being redeveloped, or stick away fans in there so the whole of the Arkells is for home fans.

However, makes little sense to do the bank first if it’s a permanent development.

The first thing would be the exec boxes in the DRS though, as long as it is going to generate enough revenue to pay for itself
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 19:19:55 »

whilst i would never recommend normally looking at rovers for inspiration i would favour a cheap temporary stand like the one they are doing at their ground.

2nd thought could the drs not be fitted out without the removal of the seats and openings. everything could be in place then get to the summer and knock it all through.

this all seems very weird talking about actual redevelopments which might actually happen.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Thursday, September 28, 2023, 22:42:24 »

I would do the stratton bank roof and facilities around it first for a couple of reasons.

One is that it would move all away fans into one stand this would make more room for home fans for future development. Second it would improve the overall look of the ground (as long as the surrounding areas are also improved and finally it's only away fans, who cares about them?!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 08:30:28 »

Totally agree. I was against it when the Trust mentioned it a few years ago - why spend money on a stand that should've been demolished 20 years ago? It needs to be replaced or just demolished. I think you could realistically spend a season rebuilding the Town End and Stratton Bank (especially if we're in League Two). The capacity of the Arkells and the DRS would be more than sufficient for home games.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 10:53:54 »

From the so far one and only SA mouthpiece The Jockster..

For me it’s a no brainer what to do first -a dozen executive boxes in the DR. The revenue from those would fund other projects. It’s a difficult one because the construction costs wouldn’t be cheap and to fund that continued success n the pitch is essential in my opinion.

Here come the arseholes v Opinions. Not how I’d do it if it were up to me, however, it will be down to £’s out v £’s in. In my mind the afore mentioned opinion appears to have not taken into account where those displaced fans are going to sit. Many in prime positions. In fill the vacant DR seats or shove ‘em over to the JT stand? If the latter where are you going to put the away fans? On the uncovered bank? I think not. IMHO opinion it is a roof over the bank and proper amenities then develop the TE.

Yeah this should probably be first IF it can be done over a summer. If it can't then we'd need a redeveloped Stratton Bank.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 10:58:03 »

Agree. It doesn't even need to be big. Just stick something small behind there maybe in between the sizes of the away ends at Northampton and Wycombe. A redeveloped Town End will probably end up being three times the size of what is there no, so we'll still end up at an overall bigger capacity.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 10:58:49 »

I’m definitely in the ‘knock it down and start from scratch’ brigade when it comes to the Bank.

Those terraces are the same even before I started going - 1968. Same applies to the TE. Embarrassing, really.

If the club are going to redevelop do it properly.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1484 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:07:45 »

The talk under Fitton was to put a semi temporary/perm roof over the Bank to allow away fans to use it and rehouse the the Town End fans in the other 2 stands temporarily, which it can probably cope with allowing for no segregation costs in the Arkells freeing up about 800 seats IIRC while the Town End was redevoloped 1st.

The cost at the time was estimate at only about £450k-500k for the semi temp/perm roof, thus allowing a brand new Town end to be built and then when it was built put the away fans in the Arkells in limited percentage numbers as thats allowed during ground rebuilding until the Bank was flattened and fully rebuilt.

I expect building costs have risen dramatically since then though and attendances have incresed by about 50% as well.

https://swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/swindon-fans-split-on-stratton-bank-roof-plans/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: