Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: US finally nail Bin Laden  (Read 12748 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:13:58 »

So the Yanks finally got their man, hiding (surprise surprise) in Pakistan. Lots of drunk American student seem to be celebrating at ground zero.

Obviously back in the real world it makes no difference to the real world, not even sure the right people were targeted after 9/11. But now that "revenge" has been served can "we" stop policing the world please. Ta.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden has been killed by US forces in Pakistan, President Barack Obama has said.

The al-Qaeda leader was killed in a ground operation outside Islamabad based on US intelligence, the first lead for which emerged last August.

Mr Obama said after "a firefight", US forces took possession of his body.

Bin Laden was accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001.

He was top of the US' "most wanted" list.

Mr Obama said it was "the most significant achievement to date in our nation's effort to defeat al-Qaeda".

The US has put its embassies around the world on alert, warning Americans of the possibility of al-Qaeda reprisal attacks for Bin Laden's killing.

Crowds gathered outside the White House in Washington DC, chanting "USA, USA" after the news emerged.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:16:23 »

I don't think this will make any positive difference to anything. I'm not even that arsed about it all.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:29:31 »

Quite! Like surely they will attack again as revenge for Bin Laden being killed?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:32:00 »

Well done usa, it only took you 10 years.

As jfw said, bound to be retribution somewhwre
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:32:07 »

I'd imagine Pakistan is going to be politically sent to Coventry. Thankfully the US can't invade them because they actually have proper weapons!  But it won't have come as shock he was hiding out in a country with such  corrupt officialdom.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:41:20 »

The drunk Yanks celebrating at the White House are no better than the flag-burning crowds in places like Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 07:46:07 »

they've killed a martyr and to some extent a scapegoat.a trophy killing.
this will do nothing to end terrorism when the usa and its supporters conduct themselves in the way they do.
if anything we are more vunerable than ever to attacks.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 08:06:54 »

Here's to Osama.

Greatest hide 'n' seek player since 2001.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Sussex

« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 08:09:12 »

All those bloody caves we searched and he was living it up in the biggest £1 million villa in town, highest walls of any other building surrounding it which had no phone lines/communications in or out. Just down the road from a military camp.

Fucking genius.

God Bless America *high five*.

Danny Wilson's Crispy's mates are having a party...
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 08:15:17 »

Cameron says this news will be welcomed across the country.  He got this forum wrong, so far and can I suggest, most of Bradford, Leicester and Londonistan will not be happy.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 09:38:56 »

I'd imagine Pakistan is going to be politically sent to Coventry. Thankfully the US can't invade them because they actually have proper weapons!  But it won't have come as shock he was hiding out in a country with such  corrupt officialdom.

The U.S. IIRC has the ability to disable Pakistan's 'proper' weapons.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Spencer_White

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 09:45:48 »

Im happy with it.

We cant let these people get away with genocide, there can be no hiding place.

Bin Laden used his huge fortune, hundreds of millions to try and turn the world back to the dark ages. His money has been funding the 'Madrassa' schools in Pakistan that have been radicalising Pakistani's, plunging it into chaos.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 09:52:49 »

Cameron says this news will be welcomed across the country.  He got this forum wrong, so far and can I suggest, most of Bradford, Leicester and Londonistan will not be happy.
The overwhelming majority of Muslims (assume that's what the thinly veiled reference was to) in this country hate Bin Laden and co as much as anyone. Probably more so because they get a double whammy - just as likely to be victims of a terrorist attack as anyone else, but pretty much guaranteed to be singled out in the backlash by the moron in the street.

There'll almost certainly be a very small demo by the usual shouty self publicists who represent no-one but themselves and like the poppy-burners, the Mail, Express, Sun etc will give the 20-30 idiots front page publicity beyond their wildest dreams. And idiots like the EDL will use it to further their own agenda of hate.

Oh and then there's the heightened state of alert making everyone paranoid, the cops jumpy and where's the weight of that going to fall?

Yeah, I'm sure most Muslims are really looking forward to that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 09:55:10 »

Im happy with it.
Me too. Don't think it will make a blind bit of difference in terms of reducing or increasing the terror threat but bad guys getting theirs is pretty much always good news
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 10:33:12 »

Now that there's an increased terrorist threat, I'm being careful to stay away from crowded places. So I'm buying myself a season ticket at Oxford United ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: