Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Panicking Yellowbellies  (Read 12088 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10:47:14 »

1. Why aren't we selling Clarke and Leven too, then?
2. Is your friend the club accountant?
3. Does he know that we were one of the few clubs in the football league to turn in a profit last season?
4. Is he aware that we've just got about 7 players who never play for us off the wage bill?

1) Fuck knows, they're your players and your team. Maybe they're not a drain on your cash rich club like constable?
2)No, however, a mature and sensible well informed individual. He's not a friend perse, a valued customer with a business in Headington.
3)Likely, however, that was last season and a negative cash flow scenario can afflict any club at any time especially a year after turning a profit. Accountants turn losses into profit for a living remember!  
4)Likely also, I've other things to do today so you'll forgive me for not ringing him today to confirm that nugget. He'll be closed anyway.

Any way son, it's Sunday, not worth vexing yourself over a business run by people who have only your money at heart. Same applies to us btw before you go off on another one.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 10:59:27 by fatbasher » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:29:54 »

Hit a sore nerve OF?

Not at all, just countering the rumors. Which option would you take in the scenario then? It's the same sort of chimps making these kind of suggestions about your club over on our boards. It's shit or bust for you lot this season, isn't it?
fatbasher

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:38:26 »

Not at all, just countering the rumors. Which option would you take in the scenario then? It's the same sort of chimps making these kind of suggestions about your club over on our boards. It's shit or bust for you lot this season, isn't it?

It'll be shit if we don't go up, yeah. Bust? I don't think so.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:51:15 »

Disappointing if we don't go up this year, certainly.  I think hope of promotion has turned to expectation in recent weeks...but there are still plenty of other sides up there showing similar form to us, so can't take it for granted.

But if we don't, I think PDC will still be here next year.  He'll still have a point to prove and, so long as we only miss out narrowly and don't collapse towards the end of the season, he will still have strong backing from the fans and from the board.  And financially, revenues have been strong this year and we have a supportive board.  I think we'll be OK.  A few players will leave, and we'll need to rebuild a little.  But Paolo has learned a few lessons about that this season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:59:21 »

You have to remember we are 30 million in debt and have a winding up order on the way. Also going into admin aswell.

Apparently.
kerry red

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 13:29:52 »

OF

I can understand why 7 or so players have been jettisoned but cannot understand why no players in.

If your club are serious about wanting to get promotion, now is the time to bring in new blood, especially as you have a realistic chance of the play-offs.

If there are no players coming in I think you can take it as read that the club have no intention of meeting their fans expectations.

A few more years in the doldrums beckons
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 13:58:09 »

The only player we need is a midfielder, I was hoping we'd get Guttridge but he went to Northampton. It'd cost a lot to find a player other than a CM to improve our XI, and there'd be no point in getting any fringe players in, since we've just shipped a load of them out and have players out on loan we can recall if necessary.

No need to panic, like you say we have a realistic chance of promotion.
Dozno9

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 15:32:51 »

And also, imagine this scenario. Someone is offering you £200,000. You can either have it now, and put it in the bank to earn interest, or wait 3 months and lose out on the interest. Are you saying you'd wait? You're a fuckwit. Azza you're similarly retarded for suggesting that it's a loan. I hope you two don't run your own businesses.

FWIW I do run my own business, quite successfully really compared to other ones, and I didn't mean it was a loan but just to get the cash in to tide you over. if you think the gate receipts will earn any worthwhile interest at the moment and you naively think this was the reason why you started to sell early then you my friend are the "retard".

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 15:35:13 »

Burton 1 nil up Smiley
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 16:34:18 »

Burton 1 nil up Smiley

Not anymore

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 16:39:42 »

1-1 yeah.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 16:56:46 »

I'm sure Oxford will happily take a point away from home. I think that's a decent result for us plus we're still six points ahead of them with two games in hand.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 16:57:10 »

perfect score if it stays like that
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 17:01:02 »

perfect score if it stays like that

It has.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 17:01:48 »

They're still 6 points behind us but we have 2 games in hand.

Good result really because it keeps Burton off our back too.

Now lets hammer Southend.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: