Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luke Williams  (Read 43093 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:10:51 »

Ever since Jed left the club our league position has deteriorated
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:11:16 »

Grin
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:14:52 »

The same could be said about John Gorman!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:15:39 »

While Williams may be a good coach, he is not a manager and that is what we need

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:20:01 »

I think a fan run club would be a disaster. Imagine if our fans had their way! We'd have used up all our subs by half time and our game plan would be FORWARRDDDDDDDD.
That's not how Trust-run clubs operate, it's not like everyone votes on every decision in the running of the club. But then I think you know that already don't you?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:20:44 »

A good thing relative to past years, is that the Trust does seem to have some bright people involved
Oh, fucking cheers Smiley
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:20:52 »

Just heard a rumour of local businessmen Jez Webb (webbs timber) and current supermarine chairman & James Phipps (Excalibur) interested in a takeover at SN1.
[/quote
 Are they fans of, fucking around with the ball in midfield until it reaches the goalie? Or real entertaining football?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:22:51 »

While Williams may be a good coach, he is not a manager and that is what we need

Exactly....it was worth a punt, but I think we've seen enough now to know it isn't working. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:37:30 »

Talk of change of ownership has elements of knee-jerking but our on-the-field plight, however, is not.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:39:05 »

That's not how Trust-run clubs operate, it's not like everyone votes on every decision in the running of the club. But then I think you know that already don't you?

Yes, that part of my post was tongue in cheek.

I still think it'd be a disaster, and the people moaning about Power now will be complaining just as much with a fan run board. Unless the fan run board contains 2 billionaires willing to bankroll us to the Premier League.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:39:41 »

Exactly....it was worth a punt, but I think we've seen enough now to know it isn't working.  
But any manager will have to work under constraints that the current custodian does and with the current crop of players at his disposal. A very tough task.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:39:47 »

Oh, fucking cheers Smiley

No problem, despite all your good work, it was still a time when the Trust Board, tried to get Justin Tomlinson in as a figure head....I rest case milord.
Flashheart

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:42:42 »

4 wins in 20 is not knee-jerk by any stretch of the imagination. I've tried to look for reasons that might explain it but have failed to convince even myself.

I hope Luke makes it click, I really do, but his record so far does not give me much confidence. What's more important is what Power thinks about it and hearing him speak yesterday, even before the defeat, I think he was getting more than a little frustrated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:44:11 »

No problem, despite all your good work, it was still a time when the Trust Board, tried to get Justin Tomlinson in as a figure head....I rest case milord.
Erm, we worked with the local council and Justin was very helpful in that, which we acknowledged, and rightly so. We also worked closely with Anne Snelgrove, one of the local MPs at the time, and Rod Bluh, council leader at the time. We didn't use any of them as figure heads. I think your Tory-phobia is selectively effecting your memory.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 11:52:11 »

Erm, we worked with the local council and Justin was very helpful in that, which we acknowledged, and rightly so. We also worked closely with Anne Snelgrove, one of the local MPs at the time, and Rod Bluh, council leader at the time. We didn't use any of them as figure heads. I think your Tory-phobia is selectively effecting your memory.

My memory is of a cringeworthy meeting, whereby JT was introduced as someone who the Trust Board wished to rubber stamp into a role of El Presidente, or Chairman or something. Still a long time ago now, but it was fairly obvious that JT just saw STFC as a vehicle for his lifetime ambition of being publicly humiliated in the House of Commons.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: