Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise Vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 25591 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:52:07 »

Amankwaah isnt wank, just a confidence player.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:04:29 »

Posts: 273 Re: Swindon v Brentford Official Matchday Thread
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, August 22, 2010, 12:33:49 »
   Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
"Judging by yesterday's game, and what I've seen so far, I would replace Caddis, Rose,  Prutton, and Dossevi with Amankwah, Kennedy, Ferry, and Pericard, but of course this will not happen yet."

Umm perhaps it might happen soon judging by reports

ust be the oldest
Dozno9

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:05:38 »

Finally if you are going to spunk large chunks of your budget on simon ferry and waste nearly 3-4 weeks pursuing him at least fucking play him.

Spot on. He has over 40 appearances for us, Wilson knows what he can do, and at the moment that's everything Prutton can't.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 12:15:16 »

I think the reason DW is starting Prutton is he thinks he can replace some of the experience lost from Greer.

But you've got to weigh it up, a slow, unmotivated player that can talk some bollocks on the pitch or...

An enthusiastic, hard working player that doesn't have as much experience...

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 14:04:15 »

On reflection, our problems this season seem to relate to how we're performing as a whole unit. We've looked like a collection of individuals rather than a cohesive team. I don't see this as a lack of gelling as the players we've got have had plenty of time together and performed well last season.

The players look nervous on the pitch and lacking in confidence, this was particularly prevalent against Brighton in our reluctance to take the game to them; instead choosing to shift the ball safely around the penalty box than look for a killer pass, take a shot or make a run.

I can't comment on the nuances between this season and last as I saw very few games but I have seen all bar one of our games this season and the same problems rear their ugly heads - no cohesiveness, no leadership, individual errors and key players not performing.

A frequent theme of the match yesterday was a lack of movement in the midfield, far too often we saw the ball booted long to Austin and Dossevi because O'Brien was static on the left between the wide midfielder and full back, Douglas and Prutton weren't coming short and that left McGovern our only outlet, who often ran into brick walls as a result. We looked one dimensional, devoid of ideas and the Franchise defenders dealt with the aerial threat with ease. At our best last season, I understand we were very effective down the wings and yesterday we looked at our most threatening with quality crosses into the area from the wings.

However, we need to build from the back. Greer was adept at finding the short, simple pass and allowing the midfield to build from that. Of what I've seen LJF is quite capable of this as well, he is comfortable on the ball and has a surprising range of passing for a defender. Morrison has stepped up admirably and looks to have all the qualities he needs at this level with the exception of experience and everyone knows about Cuthbert. Rose has been poor, effective at times when going forward but is too often out of position and Chadwick ran rings around him yesterday. O'Brien offers little protection as he is too static and there is no understanding between the two; no overlapping whatsoever. LJF has been used at left-back in the past and comments on here suggest that he isn't up to it and would selecting an inexperienced and untested Kennedy help the defence? With a lack of leadership at the back, I'm not sure it would. Caddis looks a good player but lacks the defensive qualities required and Amankwaah is a more than adequate backup who proved last season his effectiveness at linking up with McGovern. Our defence is young and inexperienced.

In midfield we lack balance and energy. Prutton has been a huge disappointment and as others have previously said, Wilson will persevere with him through blind loyalty. He can only play the game at one pace and is anonymous when the game is too fast for him, his lack of movement and energy offers us nothing in a defensive role leaving Douglas to pick up the slack, a burden shared with Ferry last season and as a result Douglas ends up chasing shadows rendering him mostly ineffective. Prutton is a massive weak link in this team and showed a complete lack of intelligence when picking up his second yellow yesterday, it's a shame he'll only miss the paintpot game. On the left side O'Brien occasionally shows what a threat he can be and most of our attacking movements involved him yesterday, however he vanishes entirely for large periods of the game as it stands we can't afford to carry passengers. Ball showed his ability when he came on as a substitute last weekend and I'd personally prefer to see him start ahead of O'Brien. McGovern has played fairly well in all the games I've seen this season so no worries there, although sometimes I'd wish he mixed up his crosses a bit - he drills it too often.

Up front we've got Charlie. He'll score goals even though defenders know all about him now. Dossevi needs a little bit of time to adjust to the physicality of the game but I'm convinced he'll come good... However, I'm not sure whether he will form a good partnership with Charlie who thrived off Paynter's strength and hold up play last season. Dossevi could be an option on the left, he's got a bit of pace, good on the ball and has an excellent engine. Pericard needs a goal but it's difficult to see where it's going to come from - he's looked good in his last couple of substitute appearances but doesn't look likely to score, which just increases pressure on the team.

I've got faith in Danny that'll he get the right players in this week and I just hope Charlie's head doesn't get turned by this papertalk (or Fitton's head for that matter). An experienced centreback who will help his inexperienced partner and a decent leftback is what we really need. Additional options on the left and up front would be nice but not as important.

A win will give the team some confidence and there's definitely ability in this team so I'm not utterly devoid of hope; this side is still better than the side of 07/08 & 08/09 and we have the manager, the board and the finances to get it right but we have to stop the slide before it's too late.

I have no doubts that Wilson is the right man and hope that Fitton keeps the faith.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:06:12 »

peatmoorred, swindon says...
5:14pm Sat 28 Aug 10

wilson is a clown.. every game i have seen this season (every home) he **** about with the team takes the best players off and when we need a goal what does he do?? bring on a player that couldnt score in a brothel im sorry if you dont like what im saying but thats my oppionion ... prutton waste of wages, rose what a joke .. greer was slow and becoming a liability so good business but replacing your captian with two inexperianced lads morrison and lecs is a joke ..we need a leader my team tues would be

the polish lad in goal

why pay wages if he never playes?

kennedy cuthbert lecs douglas caddis

jp ferry obrian

austin dossevi

yes!!!!i have put douglas in defence we need experiane at the back when defending and he has it and is defence minded

bench

smith
lecs
timlin
bodin
rose
pericard
manks
tans

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:06:51 »

Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:19:19 »

It was wearing thin fucking weeks ago Dave.

Yep, not replacing Greer was wearing thin fucking weeks ago.

Probably should have done something about that.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:22:19 »

for what its worth dave I spoke to a brighton player last night and he told me greer was happy here and wilson and fitton had a falling out as wilson didnt want him to leave.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:24:01 »

he not tried to get into your club yet then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:27:09 »

for what its worth dave I spoke to a brighton player last night and he told me greer was happy here and wilson and fitton had a falling out as wilson didnt want him to leave.

the old football vs business decision.

too much business, not enough football (which I understand but dont like)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #296 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:35:23 »

Yawn
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 15:37:59 »

awww

am I annoying you?

dont cry now.