Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise Vs Swindon Town - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 25586 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:12:11 »

Meh.

I dont know why youre all moaning.

I prefer it when we are shit, it makes victory taste all the sweeter.

(Fuck knows where this victory is going to come from though)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:31:44 »

Everyone is concerned about the defence but my main concern is the total lack of understanding between defence, midfield and attack. Make no mistake, apart from a 20 minute spell in the 2nd half we were garbage.

That's a really big point. The problems are there to see all over the pitch, not in any one area.
glos_robin

« Reply #272 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:35:42 »

I think we're too lightweight down the flanks more than anything.........McGovern, Caddis, Rose and O'Brien are too easy to bully and don't cause enough problems.

I think an on form Amankwaah and McGovern partnership should do the job on the right, as Caddis is a good player but he really isn't designed for this league. But as for our left side it is so lightweight and a disaster zone.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #273 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:36:27 »

Still can't get over that yeaterday i am so pissed off and angry. I very rarely get into rants on these things but something needs to be sorted out asap.

Make no mistake Wilson has spent a fucking lot of money on this squad of players and at the moment they and him are not performing.I don't buy into the players needing to gel bollocks nearly everyone of them have been here since before Austria.

Bar two players yesterday they are all Wilson signings and he needs to swallow his pride and drop players who are not performing. Rose is a liability i would go as far as saying he is the worst left back i have seen here in years in fact i am struggling to think of a worse one and as much as want o'brien to do well i am getting pissed off with lack of interest and it's getting tiresome saying oh but he showed glimpses of being a good player fucksake ricky shakes showed glimpses ever fola onion fucking bhaji showed glimpses.

This isn't about making scapegoats out of players it's about being honest some players just don't look good enough for what we want and as for Prutton that is the first time i have been happy one of our players has been sent off.

Wilsons substitutions fucked it up for us yesterday we were all quick enough to praise him for changing it at hartlepool(myself included) so i'm afraid it's the rough with the smooth he fucked that up yesterday.Him and shirtliffe need to get us working as a unit again shirtliff is defence coach and needs to get them defending.

Wilson says he needs 4 new players i hope it's a striker, left back,left winger and obviously another centre half although Morrison has been unlucky to be involved in those last 2 games as he has been head and shoulders our best player on the pitch which frankly is an embarassment with some of the experienced players we have in our squad.

Finally if you are going to spunk large chunks of your budget on simon ferry and waste nearly 3-4 weeks pursuing him at least fucking play him.
Spencer_White

« Reply #274 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:37:29 »

Amankwaah is one of those players who gets better when he's settled in the side.

He's not great at being in and out of the team.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:42:51 »

Rose is better that Drysdale surely.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:44:31 »

Cheaper.
glos_robin

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 10:44:40 »

Amankwaah is one of those players who gets better when he's settled in the side.

He's not great at being in and out of the team.
Agreed so get him back in the side, Caddis isn't a league 1 fullback, there are too many high balls to deal with in this league and way too much goes over his head.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:15:48 »

Still can't get over that yeaterday i am so pissed off and angry. I very rarely get into rants on these things but something needs to be sorted out asap.

Make no mistake Wilson has spent a fucking lot of money on this squad of players and at the moment they and him are not performing.I don't buy into the players needing to gel bollocks nearly everyone of them have been here since before Austria.

Bar two players yesterday they are all Wilson signings and he needs to swallow his pride and drop players who are not performing. Rose is a liability i would go as far as saying he is the worst left back i have seen here in years in fact i am struggling to think of a worse one and as much as want o'brien to do well i am getting pissed off with lack of interest and it's getting tiresome saying oh but he showed glimpses of being a good player fucksake ricky shakes showed glimpses ever fola onion fucking bhaji showed glimpses.

This isn't about making scapegoats out of players it's about being honest some players just don't look good enough for what we want and as for Prutton that is the first time i have been happy one of our players has been sent off.

Wilsons substitutions fucked it up for us yesterday we were all quick enough to praise him for changing it at hartlepool(myself included) so i'm afraid it's the rough with the smooth he fucked that up yesterday.Him and shirtliffe need to get us working as a unit again shirtliff is defence coach and needs to get them defending.

Wilson says he needs 4 new players i hope it's a striker, left back,left winger and obviously another centre half although Morrison has been unlucky to be involved in those last 2 games as he has been head and shoulders our best player on the pitch which frankly is an embarassment with some of the experienced players we have in our squad.

Finally if you are going to spunk large chunks of your budget on simon ferry and waste nearly 3-4 weeks pursuing him at least fucking play him.

Agree with most of that DRS. Especially the last bit about Ferry. I really don't see why we busted a gut to get him back here only to sit him on the bench. Wilson knows better than anyone that Douglas and Ferry worked so well for us last season. After 5 games it's clear Prutton and Douglas isn't really working. So why has DW persisted on keeping Ferry warming the bench? I'm just glad Prutts is suspended for the next match.

Also agree about what we need to get in before the window slams shut this week. Time is running out for it as well. I think we'll manage 2 but maybe 3 or 4 is what is required. Looks like we'll have to go down the loan route in September. At least Wilson has a good track record in that department.
glos_robin

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:34:38 »

Oh another thought is Pericard a bit of a loner? Again yesterday he warms up on his own, doesn't seem to talk to anyone and just generally looks out of place. Even once he's on the pitch he doesn't seem right, for example when he gets free kicks given against him he just seems to walk off with an 'oh well' attitude whereas everyone else would moan at the ref.

He just doesn't seem to fit in which can't help the chances of him ever coming good at the club.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:41:37 »

Meh.

I dont know why youre all moaning.

I prefer it when we are shit, it makes victory taste all the sweeter.

(Fuck knows where this victory is going to come from though)

We are moaning because our team is crumbling in front of our eyes, and there is nothing we can do..noooooo Wink
JB_Swindon

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:45:14 »

Agreed so get him back in the side, Caddis isn't a league 1 fullback, there are too many high balls to deal with in this league and way too much goes over his head.

Caddis was decent yesterday and probably the only signing of wilson's that's done any good this year (Dossy has too).

The reason why Amankwaah isn't in the team is because he's fucking wank and a liability and caddis aint
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:46:42 »

The reason why Amankwaah isn't in the team is because he's fucking wank and a liability and caddis aint

WTF Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
glos_robin

« Reply #283 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:47:35 »

Caddis was decent yesterday and probably the only signing of wilson's that's done any good this year (Dossy has too).

WTF are u on about?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 11:51:33 »

We are moaning because our team is crumbling in front of our eyes, and there is nothing we can do..noooooo Wink

whoosh
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: