Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ferry and Caddis on perm deals - adver talk...  (Read 8209 times)
china red

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:15:47 »

wouldn't say that. Doncaster away on a tuesday night was just class (Iffy's first game in charge)

Didn't make that game.  Oldham away was pretty good until we let in the two goals.

Iffy was a tinkerman
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:24:53 »

Having three quality central midfielders (and Timlin) shows how far we would have come... last year we were over reliant on 11 players and so Wilson is preparing a stronger, more interchangable squad.

Unbelievable scenes if we get these two.

And talk of new strikers? Oh my days.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:27:05 »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 10:50:37 »

Glad to see thisis' tards are still doing their job.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 11:17:31 »

Like IOB said, lets not get carried away as its only speculation. One step at a time people...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:19:51 »

Glad to see thisis' tards are still doing their job.
Yep. Atleast there are a few comments arguing against them - it hasn't always been the case!

These two signings would be incredible and would make a real statement about our ambitions for this season. Both are young players too which is always a bonus. If we get these two then we're one left winger and two strikers away from looking like a very good side.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:22:28 »

I liked Ferry, but i actually struggle to see why we would sign him now. If Timlin was going as well as easton thats fine, but with a squad of 23 (stated by fitton) we can have four midfielders and i think we need one of those four to be an attacking player who is going to get us goals. Ferry didnt look like that, i'm not sure Prutton is either and Timlin/Douglass are not. Would be good and solid, but dont think it gives us whats needed to go up really.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:27:07 »

I liked Ferry, but i actually struggle to see why we would sign him now. If Timlin was going as well as easton thats fine, but with a squad of 23 (stated by fitton) we can have four midfielders and i think we need one of those four to be an attacking player who is going to get us goals. Ferry didnt look like that, i'm not sure Prutton is either and Timlin/Douglass are not. Would be good and solid, but dont think it gives us whats needed to go up really.
It depends how Wilson wants to play. As somebody already mentioned, he might want to have the two centre mids sitting deep and leave the wide players to do the attacking. We definitely need more goals from midfield but it doesn't have to come from the central players.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:35:22 »

Prutton is quite versatile though. He play CM or RM by the sounds of it. Even LM. Timlin can play CM or LM. Ferry and Douglas are only CMs really. Give us options and strength in depth if needed. Prutton I think will offer more of an attacking threat that Ferry would. I think we need another player just for squad depth and if it's someone of the calibre of Ferry then that's something to be cheerful about.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:50:07 »

I agree get Ferry in, but we need goals somewhere and with all the players on the books at the moment the only one is Austin. This was how last season started when we scrambled around for forwards with Revell and Hutch etc and we drew so many games, while our defence was doing ok. I'm sure we'll get a couple of forwards in but if we want to be right at the top you need somebody like Hoolihan for norwich or remembering back to when we won this division in 96, Horlock who got 16 goals i think, including a hattrick in one game! Dont see it at the moment, but guess there will be plenty more joining us before the season starts.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:54:21 »

I really think Prutton will score more goals than everyone's predicting. I have Leeds and Colchester supporting friends who both said he loves to get forward and, despite not being prolific in the past, does have an eye for goal, spectacular ones at that aswell. Getting Ferry in would really show our ambition, and would greatly improve the depth of our squad. Caddis comes with great potenital and good comments, and would definately provide apt competition for Amankwaah, and again really goes to show how much ambition Danny and Fitton have. If these two do sign, i think we'll only need a striker or two and possible a winger to really cement our position of automatic challengers for next season.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 12:57:36 »

I'm as positive as the next person with these potential signings, however my concern on the back of Millwall beating us twice was that we were not physical enough to compete in the games we cant play football. Prutton will help with this but Caddis at 5'7 for full back and Ferry for CM dont really improve this. They are both good players, but just think we need to be careful and make sure we get some other options in.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 13:03:47 »

It's very hard not to get carried away.

We started last season with quite a few players who at the time we thought weren't up to much, and finished with a totally different set-up - one that carried us to within a game of The Champs.

Now we look like retaining the spine of that side and building on it. Obviously Paynter and Ward's goals will need replacing, and that's just about my only doubt at the moment. Squad depth is what ultimately let us down I think, so it's good we're looking to sign players who aren't necessarily going to start every week; the general rule is two players for each position if you can get it. I think that's what Wilson's aiming for.

With what Danny's done and continuing to build, I think you have to be an ultra pessimist to doubt that this season should be able to at least match last season.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 13:11:19 »

you need a squad, not just 11 players. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't want Ferry. As for goals, there are two strikers coming in, no?
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 13:14:45 »

Wilson's said he hopes for two minimum.

Lets hope whoever they are know where the goal is!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: