Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ferry and Caddis on perm deals - adver talk...  (Read 8198 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 07:43:52 »

Four years without a town game is just wrong!

Gary Stanley is managing ok.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 07:52:29 »

I think if we signed Ferry an Caddis they'd deserve to have statues made and placed in the town centre. (The board and Wilson that is.) Ferry would be amazing for competition's sake. Whether he'd start or not who knows, but Prutton, Ferry and Dougie would be freely interchangeable.

Am i right in stating Caddis can play right across the midfield and at either side as a full back?

I think that is correct. He can play as either a LB or a RB or even as an attacking Right winger as he has a great teasing cross on him. I think his best position is RB although he is very small and tricky so a different player to big Kev. Would definately be a handy signing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Barry Scott

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 07:58:18 »

According to Danny, in an interview in Jan when we tried to get him, he says he can play right across defence. Although i'm not sure centre half would be his best position at only a 5'7". Smiley
china red

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:01:03 »

My last full season was the Iffy Onoura Debacle.  Not good memories to have really.

Four years without a town game is terrible, especially when they did so well last year.  It's easy to jump on the band wagon when the town have a bit of success but I have really clear memories of some of the dross we served up that season.  The only highlights being city at home and Huddersfield away (only a 0-0 draw)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:06:41 »

According to Danny, in an interview in Jan when we tried to get him, he says he can play right across defence. Although i'm not sure centre half would be his best position at only a 5'7". Smiley

Yeah in all fairness to DW, that is bollocks. There is no way he could play CB.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:09:33 »

Think I recall seeing Leeds fans say Prutton is decent on the right, so if Ferry does sign that gives us options
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:10:05 »

A Celtic fan I know says Caddis is shit hot and is rated very highly oop north.
A lot of fans also seem to think he should be their first choice right back ahead of Andreas Hinkel.

Having never heard of him or ever seen him play I can only go on what others tell me, but if he's as good as Cuthbert/Ferry then that would be ace.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:11:21 »

My last full season was the Iffy Onoura Debacle.  Not good memories to have really.

Four years without a town game is terrible, especially when they did so well last year.  It's easy to jump on the band wagon when the town have a bit of success but I have really clear memories of some of the dross we served up that season.  The only highlights being city at home and Huddersfield away (only a 0-0 draw)

wouldn't say that. Doncaster away on a tuesday night was just class (Iffy's first game in charge)

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:11:48 »

quote author=Bob's Orange link=topic=39810.msg848564#msg848564 date=1278490001]
Yeah in all fairness to DW, that is bollocks. There is no way he could play CB.
[/quote]

No problem, doesn't need to jump ... Caddis flies.[
Highland Robin

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:12:57 »

I haven't seen Caddis live, but a number of times on TV up here, and I would echo the Celtic fan...especially as an attacking FB with an inch perfect cross and not a bad shot either, he would be an outstanding signing.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:13:14 »

erm ok. Then why do I have a season ticket for next season like I have for years.. OOPS I bit! Cheesy
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:18:51 »

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 08:36:46 »

Aslong as we have someone at the end of those crosses...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFCranger

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 09:13:07 »

these both would be absoultly quality signings im soooooo exicted about next season  Eat

especailly if these two join. danny wilson has his critics off and on the pitch from swindon fans i am i huge fan of danny wilson and if he pulls off these two signings his critics most stand up and aplaud. after the play off final defeat every swindon fan said that the two main targets in the summer will be signing danny ward and simon ferry but we all thought they where out of touching distance but now if ferry signs full time then danny ward here we come  Cheesy
also last season in the middle of the park it was ferry and douglas and if 1 got injured of suspended then we had to play easton or timlin ( who i like a lot aswell ) but they wernt up to the standards of douglas or ferry but now that we have prutton we are a side to be reckoned will next season  Clap
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 09:40:34 »

Let's not get too excited just yet. We haven't signed them at the moment. But of course if we do then i'll be more than pleased. We all know what Ferry can do and Caddis is highly rated. To pull off both on perm deals would be superb. Kudos to Wilson and the board for targeting this calibre of signing. Let's hope we get them in as if we do we'll be looking good.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: