Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dumitru Copil  (Read 8320 times)
Doore

« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 20:54:44 »

As for a step up in class  The SPL may have a bad reputation but its well proven that SPL players are above Swindon quality; at least at the moment.

As sure as I am that you would like to ride on Fatbury's lovestick, I would point to Lukas Jutkiewicz and Danny Invincibile as two examples that would point to the fact that League 1 and the SPL are not a million miles apart.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:32:03 »

Arfield from falkirk who moved to 'uddersfield for £400,00 would support a lack in class between SPL/league 1...

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:33:41 »

Not to mention Cuthbert and Ferry??

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:35:48 »

cuthbert certainly, being that he played for the st mirren first team. ferry not so much, not that i think he's not a good player

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
König

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:36:36 »

but then you could say that they weren't anywhere near the celtic first team, but when they came here they were an integral part in our season? which suggests there is a difference in quality, albeit between league one and celtic, but then i suppose celtic (and Rangers) are way ahead of the rest of the spl and so there may well be very little difference between league one and the majority of the spl?
Miller Jambo

« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:37:42 »

That would be the Jutkiewiec who went the the EPL and developed there; the Invincible who was a squad player for a team that escape relegation on the last day of the season and Arfield who was overvalued hence why no SPL club wanted him.

Players like Adam; Berra; Fletcher; Gordon; McCormack etc show the obvious gulf in class. A lot of average or squad SPL players are now plying their trade in England, many at the upper level of the championship.

Lets not forget either that your club has had several SPL reserve players as key first team players this season.

Its obviously not going to be likely to convince you but the SPL is a better league than yours; we simply dont have the luxury of our lower clubs paying shite players 4k a week so they all run off to sign for you.

You say there is a gulf between rangers, celtic and the rest and there is but its certainly not as wide as you think. Lets also remember cuthbert had a poor season in the SPL on loan last year yet is key player for you.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:38:30 »

The SPL has two teams that might just survive in the PL, another 2 or 3 that might do OK in the Championship and the rest are League One quality at best. You just have to look at attendances and TV income to see that most SPL teams are on a par with League One - only 5 had higher attendances than us last season.

Didn't Greer say no to an SPL team and came to us instead?
« Last Edit: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:41:20 by jonny72 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 21:41:43 »

welcome my fellow jambo!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 22:06:43 »

That would be the Jutkiewiec who went the the EPL and developed there; the Invincible who was a squad player for a team that escape relegation on the last day of the season and Arfield who was overvalued hence why no SPL club wanted him.

Players like Adam; Berra; Fletcher; Gordon; McCormack etc show the obvious gulf in class. A lot of average or squad SPL players are now plying their trade in England, many at the upper level of the championship.

Lets not forget either that your club has had several SPL reserve players as key first team players this season.

Its obviously not going to be likely to convince you but the SPL is a better league than yours; we simply dont have the luxury of our lower clubs paying shite players 4k a week so they all run off to sign for you.

You say there is a gulf between rangers, celtic and the rest and there is but its certainly not as wide as you think. Lets also remember cuthbert had a poor season in the SPL on loan last year yet is key player for you.
I personally agree with you in regards to the standard of the league i think you summarise quite fairly. Disagree about Cuthbert though alot of celtic fans were disapointed he left and St Mirren fans certainly thought he had a good season and i believe that was at right back for them?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 22:16:26 »

The St. Mirran fans wanted to sign him, make him captain and build their whole team around him.

Poor indeed.

Lukas hasn't played a single PL game, so he's hardly developed there.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 22:27:05 »

John Sutton.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 22:39:51 »

It's all bollocks. The SPL is a hybrid of the English leagues top to bottom. For every stilian petrov, there's a john Sutton or jerel ifil. If he hadn't gone to Aberdeen he would've dropped down to league two or a lesser league one team. Using isolated examples of players in the SPL can support either side of the argument. It's a fucked up league that makes the EPL look balanced and competitive.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 22:50:52 »

you sound a bit huskey nev
Talk Talk

« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 7, 2010, 23:13:40 »

Nev is my Chum.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 07:01:40 »

From Today's Adver...

Byrne also revealed that reports linking Romanian youngster Dumitru Copil with an imminent move to Wiltshire are well wide of the mark.

The former Hearts midfielder has already spent time on trial at Swindon, but Byrne insists there are no plans in place to sign the 20-year-old.

“I brought the boy over about three months ago now and he trained with the club for a week,” he said.

“We wanted to play him in a reserve game but the FA wouldn’t give us clearance.

“He is an under 21 international and very highly-rated, but we won’t be following it up.”

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: