Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town's greatest unsung heroes  (Read 8321 times)
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 08:57:31 »

David Kerslake

Good call - ace player
mr ian

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 08:58:42 »

David Duke-refering to tuesdays programme
fatbury

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 09:56:09 »

Whoever said Tim Parkin ... that was a good call .. he used to absolutely 100 percent solid EVERY Game ... and never got the credit
Doore

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 09:56:16 »

Ross McLaren.
Essexrobin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 10:51:47 »

Roger Smart - a Wembley hero on that day in '69 but never really fully appreciated week in week out.  Great watching that man Ure cock up the back pass to Wilson and Roger poking the ball home.[/b]
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 11:21:30 »

Ian Culverhouse was a class defender who always seem to be in the right place at the right time. Also Luc Nijholt worked really hard in the midfield with his ever lasting tan.
Doore

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 11:23:18 »

Culverhouse was a great footballer.  How about Wayne O'Sullivan?  I thought he was pretty good.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 11:52:02 »

David Duke - top assister in the division in January during our playoff season but still got lambasted by a lot of fans.  Continually played out of position by King, and did well to withstand the heavy pressure he got from a lot of the Town End.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 11:59:39 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
You know the sort the blokes that usually go about their business do a solid if unspectacular job week in week out but never seem to quite grab the headlines or get elevated to the status of fan’s favourite.

Not sure who would qualify out of the current side but Jack Smith and possibly Adi Williams look like decent contenders for the season.  That said if Smith keeps banging in the penalties like last night then who knows.

Anyway bang your past and present nominations in here…

I've been a supporter of smith's for some time now (and Ifil for that matter), he seemed to get an undue amount of stick last season in a side that was failing all over the pitch. He's versatile, looks to support the winger and does a 'solid if unspectacular job week in week out'. I can only imagine that working under Wise combined with the switch to the right is going to improve him further.

At least one Watford fan was dissapointed to see him go..
http://www.bsad.org/gone/jsmith.html

Whether he could be considered an unsung hero is another matter

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 12:40:28 »

Agreed Brighton, ive rated smith since day one.

McLovin

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 13:20:56 »

Hmmmmm

But this is not the same old story of a lovely bloke who did not quite cut it and has moved onto lesser things. He has indeed moved on, but what are the odds that in twelve months time he might be looking over his shoulder at the club he left behind, with Watford regretting yet another of this summer's transfer decisions.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 13:22:40 »

Smith has done ok, but still has a way to go - passing needs sharpening up, and could do with getting forward more
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 13:30:28 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Whoever said Tim Parkin ... that was a good call .. he used to absolutely 100 percent solid EVERY Game ... and never got the credit

Yhats a much better call than Dave Bamber who was a bloody legend !

Parkin, Gittens, Phil King and Dave Hockaday are all good shouts. However, I would go for Brian Wade or Alan McLaughlin. The latter only received plaudits and international honours after leaving the club. But that bloke run his arse off for the Town.

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fatbury

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 13:42:06 »

a couple of my fave players when I first started watching in the 80s were Howard Pritchard and Garry Nelson
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 14, 2006, 13:44:07 »

Parkin, Gittens, Phil King and Dave Hockaday

I would say very good shouts actually.  Hockaday was awesome - a real 100% guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: