Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC/Zambia Link  (Read 1017 times)
RWB Robin

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 08:08:21 »

Amidst all the excitement of this season, I have been really impressed to discover the extent of the work which the Football in the Community team do - a really excellent but generally low-profile advertisment for what our club is all about.

Of the work being done by the FITC team, led by Clive Maguire and Jon Holloway, is the building up of a partnership between the club and youth leaders and young people in Livingstone, Zambia.  A team of coaches has been going out every other year to provide training and equipment, and, whilst across Africa you will find thousands of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool kits - even the remotest villages seem to be infiltrated by English Premiership football, in Livingstone (a popular city right by the Victoria Falls), Swindon Town kits now prevail.

Much of the cost of keeping this link going has to be found by the team themselves, and there are a range of fund-raising initiatives planned - there are adverts for them on the FITC page in matchday programmes - and one of them has just been launched, which we hope will become a regular feature - and EBay auction for a signed STFC shirt.

So here's the link....let's give them as much support as we can!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251034609446&ss

The next event is on Friday 27 April at the County Ground - an evening with members of the Wessex Choir, which sang at Twickenham a few weeks ago, and including a fish and chip supper!!

RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 08:14:35 »

Sorry...this has gone out on the wrong page!!  First time I have started.... Here is the link again in case its not complete first time:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251034609446&ssPage
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 08:17:33 »

Good stuff that RWB.....maybe you have to sing for your supper to get any.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 13:51:47 »

There would be many who would be sorry if I had to sing for my supper.....
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 6, 2012, 14:12:10 »

dont let ironside find out
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: