Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Neil lennon  (Read 2896 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 16:53:05 »

And Fraser made a brilliant one-on-one save in the last minute, Stratton Bank End
lebowski

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 18:01:37 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
We won a penalty with a couple of minutes to go and Steve Finney scored... I remember the goalie got his hand to it and the ball trickled over the line - it certainly didn't hit the net.

as an aside, i think it would put an end to the "goal line technology" debate if the powers that be just changed the rules that for it to be a goal the ball has got to hit the net.

that would make for a lot more excellent goals too.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 18:31:56 »

Didn't we have a stupid amount of goals disallowed against Crewe?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 19:56:30 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Didn't we have a stupid amount of goals disallowed against Crewe?

Bloody hell, Tails....given you were only about 6 at the time you have a pretty good memory!  I think we had two disallowed, neither should have been, and one was an own goal...disallowed for what?!  Stupid bloody ref. :evil:

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 19:59:21 »

I know I do, I remember that season surprisingly well!

It was my first full one.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 20:05:21 »

And to think it wasn't until we got to the play offs with Parkin and Mooney up front that you saw another winning season...how the hell anyone of your age stuck with us for all those years, I don't know.  I'd take my hat off to you were I wearing one...where is the hat removal smiley?

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 20:07:17 »

Well I do remember going top of the first division on a friday night. Away at Portsmouth, Mildenhall had stitches in his testicles at half time.  Cheesy We were in the top 2 with Forest for ages, then went on probably the worst run in the history of football.

But yeah I've stuck with it, mainly thanks to my parents. I did lose interest in about 2001 but it didn't take long for me to get back into it.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2007, 20:17:23 »

Quote from: "Tails"

Well I do remember going top of the first division on a friday night. Away at Portsmouth, Mildenhall had stitches in his testicles at half time.  Cheesy

Yeah, and Igoe booted the ball at his head, as he was in danger of losing a plum as well...harsh...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 12:08:42 »

One of the minor disapointments from the 95-96 season is that Crewe never actually joined us in promotion to "Division 2."
They faded badly in the latter stages of the season and to think that the likes of O*ford and Bradford, via the play-offs, were the ones accompanying us up makes my confederate body reek with vitriol.

Still, looking at the Crewe line-up from that 2-1 win at the CG.
Danny Murphy, Neil Lennon, Robbie Savage.....
Not bad, not bad at all.
Even their goal scored by Garvey was pretty tasty.

I did notice, however, they had a young G.Whalley and A.Westwood in their starting XI.

Hhhmm.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
Rich Pullen

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 12:29:18 »

Quote from: "Minnesota Fats"
One of the minor disapointments from the 95-96 season is that Crewe never actually joined us in promotion to "Division 2."
They faded badly in the latter stages of the season and to think that the likes of O*ford and Bradford, via the play-offs.

It was Blackpool that would kick themselves more for not going up.

I seem to remember some controversy after the game at Blackpool but can't for the life of me remember.

Something to do with Allardyce possibly... I was at the game but my memory has let me down here.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 19:28:56 »

[quote="RichPullen]I seem to remember some controversy after the game at Blackpool but can't for the life of me remember.[/quote]

Really, that passed me by...I remember singing Swindon songs on the rollercoaster, and generally making the Pleasure Beach Swindon by the Sea (which if global warming keeps up it soon will be Wink )

Heady days...

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Panda Paws

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2007, 22:13:05 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"

It was Blackpool that would kick themselves more for not going up.

I seem to remember some controversy after the game at Blackpool but can't for the life of me remember.

Something to do with Allardyce possibly... I was at the game but my memory has let me down here.

They won the first leg at Bradford 2-0 and were basically taking the second leg for granted, i think Alladyce said some pretty naive things before the home leg, which they lost
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: