Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Digital Video Cameras  (Read 705 times)
Rossi

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 20:01:47 »

Ok I need a bit of help regarding these things.
I need to do some filming for some coursework and have to edit the footage on the computer.
I have managed to get hold of a camera from my old mans work.  Had a play around with the camera last night and found that there was no tape in there, but there was a memory card thing.  When I went to try filming it started having a paddy because there wasn't a tape in it.  I have since got hold of a tape and it films ok now, only thing is I can't get the video onto the computer because I haven't installed the hardware or something.
1.) What is the point of the memory card if you can only record onto the tape?
2.) Is it essential that I have to get the CD to install the software to let me put what I have filmed onto the computer?
3.) Would I be able to put the contents of the tape onto a computer by putting it in another camera? (i.e do they have different breeds of tape?)

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 20:20:41 »

Don't you need something like i Movie, if you work with macs or Pinnacle for Windows, if you want to do DVE?
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 20:21:25 »

:shock:

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 20:23:02 »

Quote from: "Parkin Ticket"

2.) Is it essential that I have to get the CD to install the software to let me put what I have filmed onto the computer?

probably not, most drivers are lurking around on the makers website

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: