Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vince Stroud  (Read 2430 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 4, 2005, 17:32:48 »

David Howell's father, Ray, has a shop in Devizes Road. I've known him a long time, and he told me once that  he calls his lad Goldenballs.  Smiley  I should cocoa....

ust be the oldest
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 5, 2005, 02:32:06 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Kenny's bro.?   Did he have a sort of vast mop of curly hair?

Kenny's bro alright, if I recall correctly he was taller more of an old fashioned center half than Kenny.  I think you are right about the hair, it was in that era.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 22:51:27 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/ForceFrames.htm?http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=STROUDKE

Happy birthday Kenny, 52 today.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 1, 2005, 23:08:57 »

As we are all going for our 15 mins of fame.

I played football with John Gorman in his front room.
I had pizza with my parents at Phillipe Cuervos house which also had Frank Talia in it.
Kevin Horlock beat me at Pool.
I've had a chat with Glen Hoddle
Matthew Mills, who scored past us for Bournemouth last season, was a few years above me in my secondary school.
My relative plays for Plymouth Argyle - No. 7 David Norris
I sat next to Peter Thornes mum and little brother in an away game at Bradford and he signed my old away shirt.

Yeah thats it I think  Cheesy
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 4, 2005, 04:09:40 »

I am from a differet era.  Both Rod Thomas and Peter Downsborough were neighbours.  Peter had racing pigeons which were let out most afternoons.  Another neighbour was Ron Morse, club secretary.  I didn't see much of Rod Thomas, but Ron and Peter were very friendly.  I had my picture taken with John Trollope at the CG.  He was built like Henry Cooper.  He seemed a real quiet polite sort.  Don Rogers when I was in his sports shop was the same way.  He was at the height of his fame, yet from his attitude you would think he played Sunday mornings for a pub side.  Roger Smart was at the Plough, of course.  Roger was a very pleasant bloke, seemed to enjoy listening to his customers.  Joey Butler seemed very reserved.  

Another Town player I bumped into was Howard, the Legend, Goddard.  I was in a chippy in Rodbourne after closing time, Howard seemed to communicate a bit like a primate, only grunts and gestures.

I never met Stan Harland or Danny Williams but my kid sister, then a school kid, did.  Just after the 1969 League Cup victory, she was walking past the CG.  Stan and Danny were walking one of them carrying the League Cup, complete with ribbons on it.  She asked them if she could hold the cup.  They were all smiles and let her hold the cup.  Not a big deal, but just showed that Danny and Stan were both class acts just like the rest of that team.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: