Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Grant Smith thread  (Read 2300 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:04:02 »

On the official site:

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~668093,00.html
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:11:22 »

Always nice to wake up to some good news on a tuesday morning..

"The Board are prepared to offer him that extra year and we would like to keep him at the club."

I guess these are good developments as long as an additional contract year is his only real negotiation point.
As long as it's not just more 'purchase your season tickets now' propoganda.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:16:39 »

Gwaaaaaan the board
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:31:06 »

Get in, but with willie carsons money why the fuc* isn't he putting money on the table!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 09:46:09 »

I bet Grant Smith thought, fuck it!!!  When he got offered that.  Thought he was clear to join City without looking to bad, now he's got the extended offer he's gonna look a little bit of a cock if he leaves us now.  Although no doubt City will still be offering more money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:00:52 »

I'd guess that if Carson could get the money back he's already invested he'd bite their arm off and run. Albeit bery slowly with those iddy biddy legs.
magnum150

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:05:53 »

At last, the board appear to have found there brains and are at least trying to do something to keep Smithy, Rather than the usual, 'We don't have any money' argument.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:14:55 »

Too little too late I fear.....Carson horses bolted etc ....still it makes the board look a bit better with the AGM coming up.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:16:59 »

if smith does stay he will probably brake his leg in the first game of the season or something - just our luck!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:34:28 »

C'MON SMITHY! STAY MY BOY!

Don't lower yourself to the standards of Mooney Beauchamp and Heywood!!!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 10:48:18 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Albeit bery slowly with those iddy biddy legs.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/trebblej82/n1whc2.jpg

I knew he was short but... Wink

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:21:45 »

I still think he'll go to city. they'll double his money regardless of how many years we offer him.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong though.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:25:17 »

I heard from a very reliable source who I met in a dream whilst sleeping last night that Smith is going to sign our new offer this week. Cool

Seriously I still think there is a chance, as I've said before, I think he's playing King a bit to make him realise what a goon he was being by not giving him a chance.
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:40:36 »

Sandy Gray strikes again.

Up until yesterday according to the Adver Smith had not had any contact from the club since the last day of the season.  What the hell is she playing at?

While King is off swanning around the golf courses of Spain Sandy Gray as ever has her head firmly buried in the sand.  Meanwhile other clubs like Bristol City are hard at work securing the services of the cream of out of contract talent.

Not having a go directly at King here as even he’s entitled to some time off and has been working while he’s out there.  However clearly set-up with Gray handling the finances (or not as the case may be) and King taking over the footballing responsibilities of the old Chief Exec post is not working.

If it’s taken this long for the club to realise that Smith is not happy with the contract on the table after lord knows how much press attention including several mentions in the nationals then something should be done about the structure at the club.

Sandy Gray is not a footballing woman and Andy King is no accountant.  Surely both should be allowed to do their respective jobs and not have to cover the responsibilities of the old chief exec post?

I can’t help but think that had MD or even BH been in the job then this would all have been resolved ten days ago.  As it stands Bristol have seized the initiative slapped an offer on the table, which will be financially more than we can match and more than likely two years plus without clauses offered by Gray.  

Can you blame Grant Smith for leaving?  I can’t, he’s been offered a dodgy contract for a year and this is after being signed on a two year deal as a virtual unknown.  As the club have remained quiet other clubs have declared a serious interest, slapped an improved contract on the table and put us to shame.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 12:02:16 »

If this is true and we've given him what he wants, if he still joins City then he's a complete cunt.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: