Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bridges boulding?  (Read 1200 times)
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:10:45 »

see what i did there? no? doesnt really work because michael has a full head of hair  :advercool:

anyway, surely if parkin leaves one of these two would be right up our street, similar sort've players to sam (especially bridges) who are probably just within our price range if an offer is there to be made and both look like the sort of calibre we're gonna have to replace parkin with.

i think i may be highly optimistic in the type of players we're going to be seeing at the CG next year but king did it before, i recon he might be able to do it again..?

officially blacker than the night.
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:14:04 »

Boulding might be a decent shout, but Bridges?

He fat, injury prone, and even Sam Alladyce couldnt revive his career. we should avoid.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:20:46 »

but King has taken gambles on players in the past and it has worked
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 10:54:46 »

Quote from: "Rich"
but King has taken gambles on players in the past and it has worked

the only one I can think of who's had anything like the injuries that Bridges had is Migz, and he was on a month to month deal for a whole season
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:00:30 »

true but look at Parkin (a different situation in terms of injuries but still a gamble becuase of his record)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 11:03:58 »

I had read that Bridges, Boulding and some one whose name I forget are going to Bradford which sort of makes sense really as those players would not have to relocate.  These days, with money being so tight I imagine players will tend to stay a bit more local and avoid all the expense/aggravation involved in moving house.  Along those lines, you can see why AK is looking at Thorpe and Cureton who I assume live in the London area or may even still live in/near Bristol.
MasonSTFC

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 13:49:30 »

Not sure Boulding is any better than what we have already at our disposal.

As for Bridges, while the thought of seeing his name on the back of a Town shirt is exciting given his past reputation; he would demand a decent wage and his long term fitness is questionable.

Thorpes struggled for fitness as well this season; of the four I guess I'd like to see Cureton, he does seem to score goals wherever he goes.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 20, 2005, 14:53:26 »

I'd steer clear of Bridges, his injury record doesn't inspire much confidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: