Pages: 1 ... 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 ... 1225   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4356142 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5565 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 16:27:20 »

Southampton
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5566 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 16:36:05 »

Southampton

I suspect Austin will go with Eddie Howe to Bormuff, so Ritchie in the Sweatie team Charlie in the England team....great.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5567 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 16:36:52 »

Perhaps that is why he is not getting the nod for england - they seem to be calling up anyone that is english other than Charlie boy

To be fair is he is better than any of 4 strikers in the squad at the moment though?

You could possibly make a case for Welbeck but his international record at the moment is pretty decent
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5568 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:15:10 »

I suspect Austin will go with Eddie Howe to Bormuff, so Ritchie in the Sweatie team Charlie in the England team....great.
Unfortunately true, Howe has long been an admirer of Charlie and will break the bank if they get promoted to try and sign him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5569 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 17:40:00 »

To be fair is he is better than any of 4 strikers in the squad at the moment though?

You could possibly make a case for Welbeck but his international record at the moment is pretty decent

I was hoping Austin might get a late call up after Sturridge withdrew, but you're right, he's 5th in line at the moment.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #5570 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 13:11:59 »

Hameur Bouazza is currently playing for Red Star in the French "National" league (equivalent to our League 1).

I went to see him play a few weeks ago - Luçon v Red Star. Highlights of the game here:

Red Star has had a couple more ex-Swindon players in the last few years - Frédéric Darras and Philippe Cuervo, which is the reason I started following them (mind you, they've also had Tony Cascarino.....).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5571 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 17:11:50 »

Today I watched Charlie Griffin, Ashan Holgate and Alex Ferguson labour to 0-0 draw away at Frome Town.

A far-more-portly-than-I-remember Michael Pook watched from the stand.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5572 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 20:17:11 »

Hameur Bouazza is currently playing for Red Star in the French "National" league (equivalent to our League 1).

I went to see him play a few weeks ago - Luçon v Red Star. Highlights of the game here:

Red Star has had a couple more ex-Swindon players in the last few years - Frédéric Darras and Philippe Cuervo, which is the reason I started following them (mind you, they've also had Tony Cascarino.....).

The Paris Massive is going to watch Red Star in the next few weeks. Topping the National. Hopefully meets our expectation of a proper old skool night out. Might get a bit edgy up in St Ouen.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5573 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 20:21:16 »

Today I watched Charlie Griffin, Ashan Holgate and Alex Ferguson labour to 0-0 draw away at Frome Town.

A far-more-portly-than-I-remember Michael Pook watched from the stand.

Ashan Holgate. ahaha
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5574 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 20:35:14 »

Ashan Holgate. ahaha
I remember Ashan Holgate at about the age of 8 playing on the pitch week after week at half time. Looked great then and for a short time hoped he'd crack it. Maybe he would have done under someone other than Andy King...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #5575 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 20:37:15 »

The Paris Massive is going to watch Red Star in the next few weeks. Topping the National. Hopefully meets our expectation of a proper old skool night out. Might get a bit edgy up in St Ouen.
The wife, 3 kids and I increased the Red Star contingent to 17 against Luçon......they sing occasionally in English which is another reason to support them.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #5576 on: Monday, April 6, 2015, 21:46:59 »

Red Star 93? Picked up a Panini sticker of those in about '86 and loved the badge... Been my French team ever since. Allez Rouge Star (fucked if I know the French for Star).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #5577 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 07:06:53 »

Red Star 93? Picked up a Panini sticker of those in about '86 and loved the badge... Been my French team ever since. Allez Rouge Star (fucked if I know the French for Star).

Named for its communist origins - not sure why in English though. Etoile Rouge is only used to refer to the team from Belgrade.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5578 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 07:12:15 »

Named for its communist origins - not sure why in English though. Etoile Rouge is only used to refer to the team from Belgrade.

Wiki is your friend... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Star_F.C.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #5579 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:10:00 »

I remember Ashan Holgate at about the age of 8 playing on the pitch week after week at half time. Looked great then and for a short time hoped he'd crack it. Maybe he would have done under someone other than Andy King...
I didn't see the same kid as you. Temperamental, never likely to grow up and actually listen to anybody who could of helped him improve.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 ... 1225   Go Up
Print
Jump to: