Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fabrice muamba  (Read 24820 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:01:36 »

Just done the noble thing and reported this prick to the old bill:

https://twitter.com/#!/@superalex707
What a horrible cunt.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:07:38 »

Oh you're such a provocative knob BR/Flashheart.
He is English by "passport" only, having been brought here as an 11 year old in 2004/5. The proprietors of my local Chinese take-away insist that they are not English, and rightly so, despite being here since 1994.

However, that issue isn't particularly relevant, although you found it so by "re-tweeting" it.

I have total concern/sympathy for the friends, family and colleagues of Fabrice and hope he is able to make a full recovery.

What actually concerns me is that many people's lives are governed or subconsciously controlled by the media (eg Skysports) to the extent where we pay more attention to supposed celebrity "deaths" at the expense of ignoring serious events which are closer to home. Hence my lack of interest in the Premier League and a long-term clearly defined interest in STFC.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 00:10:26 »

Pretty sure all professional players now have yearly ECGs as part of their contracts to protect both parties.
Having just checked on that it looks like all young players are screened when they come into the game and then premier league Regulations and common sense dictates The clubs continue to monitor players health. ECGs will not always pick up on certain defects though as in the case of Marc Viviene-Foe who died playing for Camaroon In 2003.
DMR

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 01:36:11 »

Astonishing to think that lads in that sort of physical condition can suffer this sort of thing, it does make me relatively philosophical in that it goes to show no matter what you do or what nick you're in, if your numbers up your numbers up.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 01:48:49 »

Astonishing to think that lads in that sort of physical condition can suffer this sort of thing, it does make me relatively philosophical in that it goes to show no matter what you do or what nick you're in, if your numbers up your numbers up.

Absolutely. Could not be said better IMO.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Dozno9

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 07:18:52 »

No update given this morning other than he's stable but critical. Hope he pulls through.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 07:34:01 »

Let's just hope his number ain't quite up yet
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:13:03 »

Not quite so sure that it proves it doesn't matter what condition your in, as I'm sure out of shape people who smoke and drink are much more likely to have a serious health issue than a pro sports person.  But it is the lottery of life, amazing to think the average age of a person who makes a critical illness claim is only 43 years old. It could happen to anyone.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:25:14 »

Top class football players go from being relaxed and then in the next breath running around for 45 odd mins at top pace.....the strain on the heart and lungs is massive.
I kind of agree with DMR but would he have collapsed if sat on the bench as a sub Hmmm
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:26:25 »

Trouble is leefer, you dont need to be exerting yourself to have a heart attack
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:38:56 »

CRY ( Cardiac risk in the young ) Estimate that at least Eight under 35 year olds die a week of Sudden cardiac death or Sudden death syndrome. They also say the tragedy of most cases is that if they were not Exercising hard or pushing there bodies they Would probably not had a heart attack, although the figure seems high Think about how many young people are involved in sport every day.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:46:28 »

Trouble is leefer, you dont need to be exerting yourself to have a heart attack

Correct but as i said my feeling is if he had been sat on the bench or at home he maybe would't have been in hospital now....running around at top wack for 45 mins probably brought it on in this case but i take your points that it could happen at any time.
Good player and to my shame didn't realise that he had captained the England U21's.
Flashheart

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:49:07 »

Correct but as i said my feeling is if he had been sat on the bench or at home he maybe would't have been in hospital now....running around at top wack for 45 mins probably brought it on in this case but i take your points that it could happen at any time.

Whereas an unfit person's heart could come under just as much strain running for a bus.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 09:51:16 »

Whereas an unfit person's heart could come under just as much strain running for a bus.

Agreed....as i said Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 09:30:06 »

Still critically ill.

On a similar morbid note, how cruel must this have been for the player. Probably the best moment in his career and just before he gets his medal his dad dies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17423952

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: