Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Marshall  (Read 4935 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:27:42 »

i don't rate JP, i think he is shit. he also has a rubbish attitude.

that's got absolutely nothing to do with blaming him for anything.

i blame smith for the second goal today but i also know he's a solid defender.

Im with you on this.  
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:41:41 »

VD, cast your mind back... cox on the edge of the 6 yard box rolls the ball out to mcgovern, who has a choice of 3 red shirts to try and aim for, forward or level with his position. he then proceeds to pass the ball to a colchester player just inside the D, after aiming at the opposite corner of the box. he's lazy, he's patchy, he disappears when the going gets tough, yes he can cross, but thats not enough. marshall puts alot more effort into it, plus he's young enough to learn, his touch will improve with games (hopefully) and he's quick as fuck.

give JPM a bench-warmer for a few games, see how he reacts. it might just be the kick up his lazy, excuse-making arse he needs...

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:50:31 »

JPM needs competition im sure of that but is Marshall really the one to offer that?

I know hes only played about 4 games in total for us....but I dont buy the hes young, raw and will improve.....as we said the same thing about Ricky Shakes 3 seasons later and he hadnt got any better.

On the flip side we said the same about Ifil and hes come on loads as a player.....so its hit or miss I guess.

Maybe its just because he plays right wing but he just looks like another Ricky Shakes to me, all pace and little else.

Of course I'll watch him more and re-judge him after 10 or so games....but I dunno, I just dont hold alot of hope....
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:57:30 »

marshall did more in 45 mins today than shakes did in his entire time here...for one, he didn't run off the pitch with the ball at his feet.

hopefully roberts will be hungry and really up for it once he's returned to the side and can provide some competition to jp...however, i think he's probably a write-off so getting a player like marshall in was a good move imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 17:58:27 »

I have doubts we will see Roberts again
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 18:00:28 »

Roberts will probably get a run out towards the end of the season and that will be it.

I dont know if its just me but Roberts only ever seemed to look like he liked playing out on the wing when Sturrock was here. Before than and since then he's always looked like he didnt want to be there.
sonic youth

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 18:01:50 »

roberts has always been a bit like that, goes through patches where he's really up for it but looks totally ambivalent the rest of the time.

like batch, i wonder if we'll see him again. if marshall does kick on, gets a run in the side and impresses then roberts might be let go.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:00:42 »

Thought Marshall was good today tbh. He needs to improve his crossing for sure but he looks like he has pace and a bit of skill. He's like a half finished McNamee i think.
dell boy

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 19:13:18 »

marshall did more in 45 mins today than shakes did in his entire time here...for one, he didn't run off the pitch with the ball at his feet.

hopefully roberts will be hungry and really up for it once he's returned to the side and can provide some competition to jp...however, i think he's probably a write-off so getting a player like marshall in was a good move imo.

You are so right, exciting prospect, worth turning up today just to see that pace and prospect.

Sonic dont be shocked, I totally agree with you.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:05:41 »

I thing I like most about Marshall is his attitude, he desperate to prove him self here and the way he ran around fighting back for the ball. I never seen jpm peg it back to defend. He gave his best.

Players who give they're all, are the players that earn Swindon fans most respect.

fair play to him today.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:27:17 »

I can't be bothered to check but who compared Marshall to Shakes?  Come on I can count on one hand the amount of decent crosses RS put in, MM is much more of a prospect than the youtube dancer ever was.

Also people are saying maybe not on this thread or even site but they ca't remember a poorer 45 min Swindon performance, I take it they can't remember the shit we went through with Iffy in charge then.  Fuck me people need to get a sense of perspective on this, it was a shit 45 but the second half nearly made up for it, I'd imagine Baz Lermann (sp) saying this but, it is not the end of the world.
sonic youth

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:30:36 »

Also people are saying maybe not on this thread or even site but they ca't remember a poorer 45 min Swindon performance, I take it they can't remember the shit we went through with Iffy in charge then.  Fuck me people need to get a sense of perspective on this, it was a shit 45 but the second half nearly made up for it, I'd imagine Baz Lermann (sp) saying this but, it is not the end of the world.

i think that was me, although i said that i hadn't seen such a poor forty-five minutes in a while. brighton at home last season was probably on a par but prior to that, aside from some of the dross sturrock served up - but we were doing well, so that doesn't count - it was the worst display from a town side since the relegation season.

anyway i enjoyed 05/06 in a perverse way
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 20:37:37 »

I hated 05/06 (if that was Iffy's year- haven't got a clue) felt like a waste of my life, every other week.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 23:06:39 »

that was Iffy season in charge. not the best of season's.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 10:28:08 »

He maybe raw,but he's enthusiastic,has a good attitude and wants the shirt.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: