Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford Away  (Read 3111 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 10:29:21 »

Just a quick one to see how many are actually making the trip up to Bradford on 11th Feb?

According to the AA its over 4 hours by car which seems wrong to me as its only slightly north of Leeds and Leeds can be done in about 3 hours. Anyone know how long it takes or have been there before?
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 10:49:43 »

Its right next to Leeds, M62 between them.

Takes about 4 hours (including finding the ground) if u dont get lost like i did!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 11:54:22 »

it was done in under 4 hours last season....

I was going to drive to this one.....but honestly I dont think I can be bothered anymore....
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 13:20:54 »

We've got the Oasis gig on the Monday after it so we might go up for Bradford and make a weekend of it  Beers
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 17:06:08 »

I'm up for it. May drive...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 17:52:46 »

Last time I went to Bradford was 98 or 99. We had a midweek game. I was living in N Yorks at the time and took an American friend for his first experience of footie.

It was the year that they changed the name of 'linesmen' to 'assistant referees'.Twas freezing cold and an awful game. The assistant referee down to our right was having an awful game, sticking his flag up in the air indiscriminately.

Half way through the second half, during a lull in the 'entertainment' the assistant flagged for offside against Bradford. Groans erupted around the ground and down in front of me a Swindon fan shouted 'No wonder you're only the f*ckin assistant !' All around the ground fans of both sides began to chuckle, while the 'assitant referee' did his best beetroot impression !

Think we lost 1-0.  Don't remember much about the game other than this incident Sad

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sharper

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 19:26:17 »

Its pretty easy to Bradford.  Have relatives that live in York, so go up there fairly often.  With new A1(M) road, it means you can continue to M1 all way to Leeds/Braford.  Can do in just over 3hrs on good day.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 20:06:32 »

Last time i went to Bradford we lost 3-0!, shit ground, shit weather, a couple of the Cheerleaders werent bad though.
sharper

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 21:33:12 »

Last time I went to Bradford we won! Smith :fu:  with two good goals!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 21:36:59 »

Quote from: "sharper"
Last time I went to Bradford we won! Smith :fu:  with two good goals!

Yep, Smith played well. First time he played in the middle of the park because King decided to....no because Hewlett went off injured and got replaced by Robinson who went off injured and replaced by someone.

Jerel Ifil also got sent off
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 21:43:28 »

tmy next away trip will be yeovil i hate the north  Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 21:49:25 »

why is that then Rich, is it because its shit?  Cheesy
santini

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 29, 2006, 22:35:57 »

Quote from: "Compo"
Its right next to Leeds, M62 between them.Takes about 4 hours (including finding the ground) if u dont get lost like i did!
Who moved the M62?? Put it back please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: