Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40213 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 22:23:19 »

Great reaction from PDC !
Great result today and second half we pressed well for the winner. All in all a great day out !
Here's my own fans-eye-view of the winning goal as it happened !  Sorry about quality but hopefully the atmosphere is clear !!

Love it. Pure adrenalin  Yes
nochee

« Reply #286 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 22:31:58 »

Great result today and second half we pressed well for the winner. All in all a great day out !
Here's my own fans-eye-view of the winning goal as it happened !  Sorry about quality but hopefully the atmosphere is clear !!

The whole of Munich heard me celebrate that goal, i'm sure of it.

PS, I've baggsy'd the avatar
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 22:37:27 »

The whole of Munich heard me celebrate that goal, i'm sure of it.

PS, I've baggsy'd the avatar

It's ok, I've got it as my desk top  Cool
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 22:41:15 »

As first posts go, that one was good.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 01:13:08 »

Thought i'd do a ratings as someone asked a couple of weeks back, and as i can just see the keyboard.

Sir Wes. 8  couple of cracking saves, top goalie, hope someone else doesnt pinch him.

Caddis 6, steady but pinned back by their long balls. He also needs to cut out the card waving to the refs.

Devera 7. Didnt look like he hadn't played for 2 months.

Macormack. 9. Was superb all game, but to finish with a lung buster last minute winner was the icing. Was unsure when he signed, but probably our pots so far.

Kennedy. 6. As per caddis pinned back most of the time, to negate their hoofs.

Ritchie. 6. Shocker of a tackle for the pen, but did pretty well going forward with out looking ultra dangerous.

J smith 5. Didnt do much wrong, but didn;t shine for me.

Risser 4 I dont really know how to mark him, as Smith was better, but the headbutt was probably worthy of another 3 marks to 7 Smiley

De Vita 7. thought he looked skillful and focused, caused their rb problems all game.

Magera. 5. looked ok for link play, but took a bad clatter before half time so was substituted.

I obviously am pissed as I've forgotten the Ipswich lads name, probably should have scored at least one, but looked dangerous particularly 1st half 6.

Connell. 8 cracking finish and caused them problems all 2nd half.

Ferry 7. def improved us, should have scored a header shortly after coming on.

Flint 7. Bought on and negated akinfenwa, and had a couple of decent runs forward.

PDC 10. The loveable loony, if he gets a 5 game ban it would be worth it for me, to see that.

Support Numbers 10. Noise 5. Seem to struggle somewhat with the more we have at a game,  seems hard to get songs going.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 01:58:58 »

I was quite nervous and tend to go quite quiet but we were better 2nd half vocally.

I haven't celebrated like that since Ward at The Valley.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 02:06:24 »

That lad who ran on to the pitch was lucky not to get nicked. Good to see a completely bonkers celebration like that and for once no stewards going in heavy handed. That was one of those celebrations that will truely never be forgotten. What a moment!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 02:43:39 »

Left the gae just after half time 

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 03:26:29 »

You have to love it. That is pure, natural, un-rehearsed, spontaneous passion. I am absolutely certain that there are fans of probably 20 or 30 clubs in the 4 divisions (if not more) who are desparate for their manager to show anything like that emotion and passion.

You cunt......

You made my blood run cold!

Just imagine for a few brief seconds that.......our manager......was still........................

[url width=320 height=320]http://www.bwfc.co.uk/javaImages/b2/b5/0,,1004~5748146,00.jpg[/url]

Clems Army!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 03:28:23 »

I totally missed PDC running on the pitch and only found out about it when they were talking about it on bbc northampton.
Thats how mental we were going in the side stand.

I personally didn't think Magera or Risser had too bad a game today. (until Risser decided to hug the N'hampton player in mid air with his elbows obviously.)

Oh, Happy new year all, I'm pretty drunk now, can I start the wombles thread without consequences?

Oh and when I saw that Paul Hart picture I actually shuddered.
can you even imagine?!

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 03:30:57 »

For Sale in the club shop soon. Great

I am sure I could rustle something up!

Clems Army!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 03:41:01 »

I want that picture of PDC as a poster on my wall..

Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 09:24:54 »

You should apply for a job at Sky, you must of had a sixth sense to record that goal, top work Cheesy

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:00:01 »

I haven't celebrated like that since Ward at The Valley.

Well said! My voice is fucked.

I totally missed PDC running on the pitch and only found out about it when they were talking about it on bbc northampton.
Thats how mental we were going in the side stand.

You weren't the only one who missed it. Nice of BBC Northants to interview PDC "because, well, he's PDC". For those who missed it, he apologised to the Northampton fans and said it ewas just pure joy. I think it great myself, besides which in the wind up stakes - no different really from their player running behind the goal in front of our fans after they scored the pen.

Oh, as surprisingly coherent post from Sutton given the time!
Spencer_White

« Reply #299 on: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:33:18 »

Starting with the good bits. Foderingham, outstanding again. Great saves, brave, kept us in it at crucial times. What a fantastic keeper this lad could be. Connell, when put through on goal he made 100% sure that ball was going in the net, he didnt leave it to chance like the lad Murray early in the game. Alan McCormack, the timing of his run was outstanding and it left Northampton in absolute dissaray. They could not cope with it at all. It reminded me of what Lothar Matthaus used to do for the Germans in big games, which was why they were always so hard to beat. Real big bollocks.

The bad - First half was a fairly dire standard. Typical crap game against a Hoofroyd team. Some of the players who are supposed to be comming in as rotation squad players are clearly not up to it. Magera is very hard to watch, he labours around the field making very little impact. Risser's positioning is dodgy, he runs towards balls when there already 2 other Town players there to receive it, you have to doubt his 'football brain'. Murray, his touch lets him down at the crucial stages, and we cannot afford to miss 1 on 1 chances. Players should practice it, it should be 9/10 back of the net. Connell showed great composure and made sure the job was done. J Smith was OK, but he made far too many fouls yesterday, PDC was right to sub him because the ref would have sent him off before 90 minutes.

Ref was giving things on the basis of players appealing, he was very easily influenced, which made things more difficult for us as the side chasing the game for most of the time. Our fans were pretty crap, not much noise or support. You would have thought it was a New Years Day fixture.

Di Canio is brilliant. He is instilling his 'live in the moment' mentality and we are becomming winners because of that. Long may it continue. But we need our strongest 11 on the pitch. I feel like we are still experimenting, hoping certain players will come good. Its too late for that now, the best available team must be on the pitch every week.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 1, 2012, 10:50:11 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: