Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling  (Read 31577 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 19:10:12 »

Got us winning again. Just unfortunate he's relapsed. That's if it is even his depression.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 19:43:07 »

And the dogs abuse I got for saying this appointment would be a disaster....
5 wins in 9 was far from a disaster.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 19:49:42 »

DMR's prediction was probably more in line with how long Ling would be here and in that respect, he was right.

Ling's exit is a short-term nuisance, not a disaster.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 19:52:30 »

Potentially. Lets see who replaces him and how they do.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:03:24 »

DMR's prediction was probably more in line with how long Ling would be here and in that respect, he was right.

He got the context wrong though. He was implying it would have been a disaster in terms of his ability to get results. Nobody expected it to end this way.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:05:44 »

At least his short tenure has shown the team can hold their own in the division. Should be enough to avoid the drop regardless of who comes in next.
DMR

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:11:19 »

He got the context wrong though. He was implying it would have been a disaster in terms of his ability to get results. Nobody expected it to end this way.

No, I wasn't.

If you read the comments at the time I said it was mad to put a man with mental health problems back in to this type of job and that it would end it tears.

I'd say I was right.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:26:58 »

I wouldn't.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:37:12 »

I wouldn't.

Neither would I
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:47:39 »

I'd say youre an insensitive, uneducated gobshite.

All the best Lingy- thanks for the upturn in form and fair play for giving it a go. Mental health issues are indiscriminate and vile; indeed Suicide is the largest killer of young men in this country. The stigma applied and attitude shown towards depression on this forum highlight exactly why this issue is such a sore point. The only way to beat this is for society to change its judgement of sufferers i.e. its not a weakness.

Also proud of my club for giving ML another go.
DMR

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:58:38 »

I wouldn't.

Well it's hardly an unbridled success is it? Enlighten me. How am I wrong?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 21:00:38 »

No, I wasn't.

If you read the comments at the time I said it was mad to put a man with mental health problems back in to this type of job and that it would end it tears.

I'd say I was right.
I'd say you were wrong! He won 5 of 9 games & generally gave the club an uplift it massively needed. A disaster would have been appointing him & seeing no upturn in fortunes. Glad he gave it a go & as I've mentioned previously I wish him all the best in his recovery & future endeavours.

DMR

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 21:05:43 »

We're managerless 8 weeks after we were before and the job that so many of you decreed he must now be fit to do has tipped him from "no issues" to resignation in that time.

I'm not trolling, I'm not spoiling for an argument. I fail to see how this is, as I have already said, anything other than a bit of a disaster for all concerned.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 21:11:08 »

We're managerless 8 weeks after we were before and the job that so many of you decreed he must now be fit to do has tipped him from "no issues" to resignation in that time.

I'm not trolling, I'm not spoiling for an argument. I fail to see how this is, as I have already said, anything other than a bit of a disaster for all concerned.
Agreed, it's disappointing that it hasn't worked out. But he won 5 of his 1st 6 league games, the last 2 defeats coming against sides in the top 3 or 4 at the time. Far from a disaster in terms of results which ultimately is the only real thing that matters.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 21:12:22 »

It's not really a disaster, but it was always a risk....which is why when TMPM asked this question...
Is Ling still getting sacked by Christmas, Red Ken/ Reg ?  Wink

My answer was unlikely but you can never tell.  OK not sacked but gone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: