Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Macclesfield Official Matchday thread.  (Read 43932 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #345 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:22:30 »

Not a good game to watch but the league table more than makes up for it. Macclesfield were pure shite. Their goalkeeper, for a time wasting wanker, wasn't too shabby, neither was the guy who got sent off.
We were incomplete and toal command of the game but our decision making and final ball were bollocks. I also felt that if we needed to raise our game we would have done so.
MOM for me was Risser - nothing fancy but he won the ball, was physical and played it simple. I think he set the record for the number of chest passes by a midfielder.
Rooney looked a bloody good player when he came on - very direct.
As for the penalty, there was a very clear hand ball before Flint and their nobhead danced. Whether the incompetent buffoon who masqueraded as a ref or his equally inept lino saw it, I doubt it.
Not a great game, but a great result followed by other great results.
The circus now moves on to Leicester. I like this circus.
Flashheart

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:27:49 »

Time to stop talking about this match now.

It's in the past, time to move on.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:28:31 »

It's official!  Michael Duberry now in joint 4th place in Hereford's Top Scorer table for this season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Hereford_United_F.C._season

Well done, Sir.

Just seen the Pox goals on SSN. The second one was a clinical header, which most strikers would've been proud of.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:34:50 »

The Macc player who got sent off was a dirty cunt.  He backed into Flint then scraped his studs into Flint that's when it all kicked off.  Lino saw the whole incident called ref over & Nat Brown was sent off
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:39:59 »

Time to stop talking about this match now.

It's in the past, time to move on.

This is a great way to get your post count rising.
Flashheart

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 19:41:22 »

This is a great way to get your post count rising.

Yeah

It's something I picked up from other people.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 20:01:59 »

How a player who is 25 and hasn't played a single game, let alone season, in the football league, can be valued at £1,000,000 is completely beyond me.

they are loaded and can afford to put ridiculous price tags on players in the press - a bit like us with ritchie and 2 mill. both will do well to get a quarter of the amount said in the press
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 20:42:05 »

I see the Pox board has started another thread up about Paolo Di Canio. They really are obsessed by him and all things Swindon. Understandable really when they've lived in our shadow for so long  Cool
fatbasher

« Reply #353 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 20:49:54 »

Next Saturday whilst we're knocking out the Foxes in the Fourth Round our match with Southend (A) has been re-arranged for Tuesday 31st, Crawley v Morecambe is also a re-arranged fixture. However, 'nam are away to today's stubborn opponents Macclesfield, The Gas are at home v Bradford, Scum are away v Burton & Pikey's are away to Accrington.

The following Saturday February 4th sees these important fixtures. Shots v The Gas, Nam v Wombles, Bradford v Creepy, Shrews v Vale, Scum v Barnet, Argyle v Sarfend, STFC V Burton, Gills v Hereford as being the one's to watch.

We are now at the business end of the season with admittedly still much to play for but oh boy does it start to get interesting.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 20:50:54 »

Yeah

It's something I picked up from other people.

Alternatively you can pick someone who posts all the time & just post agreeing with them all the time.

Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:00:52 »

I see the Pox board has started another thread up about Paolo Di Canio. They really are obsessed by him and all things Swindon. Understandable really when they've lived in our shadow for so long  Cool

You could always start a Chris Wilder thread on here, I suppose, in the interests of parity.  I couldn't see it being quite as vitriolic, though.  Either full of 'keep up the good work' bonhomie or...

[url width=70 height=45]http://www.doublefinish.com/vbul/images/smilies/tumbleweed.gif[/url]

(PS  I know it must be a harrowing existence having to support Oxford, but I'm so glad we're not them.  Miserable fuckers.)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:02:19 »

Alternatively you can pick someone who posts all the time & just post agreeing with them all the time.

Cheesy

This. Smiley

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Flashheart

« Reply #357 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:14:39 »

Cheesy

Yarrrrrp
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:31:49 »

Caddis and Ferry were both way down on their usual high standards, with Caddis's final balls being well below normal service.  Ritchie also had one of his quieter games.  Its a measure of how much we come to take it for granted that these 3 will perform well week-in week-out when we comment on their quieter games like this.

Is it just me, or does it seem Ferry never has a particularly good game when Smith isn't alongside him?

I counted the Macc fans and only made it 35, so perhaps the other 3 stayed in the bar all game. But I don't think I'd bother travelling the sort of distance they came if I had to watch performances like theirs every week.

You would have expected a few more for a Saturday game.  Although I did chuckle when they were singing 'We're crap and we're proud out of it' at one point!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 21:37:53 »

Not a great game, but delighted with the 3 points. I didn't think we were going to score for most of the game.

I thought Rooney looked very good when he came on and it was a great ball in for our goal. No idea what happened with the penalty and red card, but an awful pen from Ritchie. I'll let him off this time.

Risser had a decent game, was very efficient and didn't give the ball away as much as he usually would. Cibbochi had a decent game as well.

Macclesfield were massively shite. Offered nothing going forward, although to be fair, they defended stubbornly. Shocking support though, I cant remember a smaller following at the CG?

The table is starting to look a lot nicer.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: