Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 ... 560   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2021-2022; sack, shuffle, repeat  (Read 2004427 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6915 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:17:42 »

I would not.
I think he got lucky with last seasons team all falling into place perfectly. Lightening in a bottle.
We shall see.

As he has shown himself to be a bit of a Sir Robin at the first sign of trouble this season I would be inclined to agree with you!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6916 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:29:26 »

As he has shown himself to be a bit of a Sir Robin at the first sign of trouble this season I would be inclined to agree with you!

Only time will tell.

I said previous (either in this thread or the other one) that this season / Wellens tenure was starting to be feel a bit Danny Wilsonish. Top scorer gone and not adequately replaced. Our influential leader gone and not adequately replaced.

Still very early days admittedly
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6917 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:35:18 »

When asked if he intended to take anyone with him (specifically Hunt and Wright) he said no because he wanted to give everyone at Salford a chance

I see he did an interview with Total Sport afterwards in which he said it was up to them if they wanted to go with him to Salford.

The bloke's as inconsistent as fuck.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6918 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:38:01 »

But at Salford the fans aren’t going to get on his back - they haven’t got any.

Is he going to love the experience of getting Salford into a good position, play an important game away from home and get 20 odd fans bothering to follow their team?

And I’m struggling to understand what the end game is with Lim et al. Obviously not in it for the money, there’s very little glory with no fans, nobody needs their profile raising like, say, the FGR fella.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6919 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:44:05 »

I would not.
I think he got lucky with last seasons team all falling into place perfectly. Lightening in a bottle.
We shall see.
I agree, Wellens is a good manager but struggles under pressure when results aren't going his way, like to blame everyone else other than himself....yes I know most managers do that but I can't off the top of my head remember him saying "ok, fair enough, I got that one wrong with my tactics or team choice" and at the end of the day the buck stops with the manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6920 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:45:57 »

Not inconstant as such but I always have felt he is economical with the truth, always an element of truth but you feel you are never getting the full story. Thats not sour grapes thats how he always has been.

I've tried not to say much. If it's down to family and stuff then that's got to be more important than football, so best to try and be reasonable.

But if he's bottled because he couldn't get his own way then he can do one. Especially after all the preaching about loyalty and whatnot. If you're loyal then you stick with your team through thick and thin, not jump when things appear to be going wrong.

I hope Salford go down.
This from me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6921 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 09:57:10 »

And I’m struggling to understand what the end game is with Lim et al. Obviously not in it for the money, there’s very little glory with no fans, nobody needs their profile raising like, say, the FGR fella.

real life Footall Manager. Well owner..but,
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6922 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:00:22 »

When asked if he intended to take anyone with him (specifically Hunt and Wright) he said no because he wanted to give everyone at Salford a chance

I see he did an interview with Total Sport afterwards in which he said it was up to them if they wanted to go with him to Salford.

All the interviews he has done seem to contradict one another dont they
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6923 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:10:19 »

He’s no longer anything to do with us. Consign him to the dustbin of history with all the others and let’s get on with the search for the new man and supporting him.

Sick of him now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6924 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:20:20 »

Vanity project for bored rich guys
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6925 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:42:02 »

Vanity project for bored rich guys

Must be nice, we have, in the main, been a vanity project for poor guys!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6926 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:48:09 »

We had one rich guy but he got pissed off with Di Canio spending all his money.
Just think where we could have been now if he'd stayed in charge of the club.....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6927 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 10:50:27 »

We had one rich guy but he got pissed off with Di Canio spending all his money.
Just think where we could have been now if he'd stayed in charge of the club.....

Hence the 'in the main', I always got the impression he was more pissed off with Wray for letting PdC spend the cash.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6928 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:10:06 »

Interesting to see that the official Twitter account have just posted a short video of Broadbent training...

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1324673712398938112?s=20
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6929 on: Friday, November 6, 2020, 11:16:23 »

Interesting to see that the official Twitter account have just posted a short video of Broadbent training...

https://twitter.com/Official_STFC/status/1324673712398938112?s=20

Do you think he's going to be the new manager?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 461 [462] 463 464 465 ... 560   Go Up
Print
Jump to: