Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town V yellow satan piss stains  (Read 65726 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:08:24 »

Used to love Macari running the fuckers around town, highly visible to all and worked.
I doubt they do anything more than ball work these days as have looked unfit for weeks.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:23:52 »

The worrying aspect of that is he sees Colkett, Gladwin and Kasim as key to what they are trying to do.

There's a bit more to worry about than that.

As I've said before, this is a historically poor side....the warning signs were there last season and nothing has been learned. My worry is looking at Crewe, 21st in Div 4 and 4 points above the Conference trapdoor.

Next season we'll need a complete rebuild again, and if the same model is pursued and we've no reason to think otherwise, we may find ourselves in their sort of position.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:41:02 »

The scum beats us. We take it on the chin. Do not turn your backs as power will not lose out but our club will. Powers has got away with it over the last two seasons let's hope he has learnt something. He ain't going nowhere good or bad we are stuck with him. Fans staying away will fuel our demise only quicker.

If we keep paying for ST/tickets Power will stay in charge.

If he stays we are finished as a league outfit- playing tippy tappy rubbish in league 2 would see us overrun and out muscled week after week
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 18:41:30 »

There's a bit more to worry about than that.

As I've said before, this is a historically poor side....the warning signs were there last season and nothing has been learned. My worry is looking at Crewe, 21st in Div 4 and 4 points above the Conference trapdoor.

Next season we'll need a complete rebuild again, and if the same model is pursued and we've no reason to think otherwise, we may find ourselves in their sort of position.

Ok yes, I share the long term concerns too.

But I was commenting on the rest of this season really. Fact is we are above the relagation zone still. And while it feels like a lost cause, mathematically it is anything but.

But we are 29 points from 30 games. We are 6/30 points in the last 10. Its clear things need shaking up,. If he's going to persist with the bollocks approach he's taken then we are fucked this season.
Panda Paws

« Reply #259 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:00:54 »

First 30 good. From that point the players were shit and the fans were fucking abysmal too. Thoroughly fucked off with it all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:06:45 »

First 30 good. From that point the players were shit and the fans were fucking abysmal too. Thoroughly fucked off with it all.

Didn't think the fans were that bad? Quiet after the Oxford goals - OK the Power out chants before the end were uncalled for..

What did I miss?
Panda Paws

« Reply #261 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:08:18 »

Didn't think the fans were that bad? Quiet after the Oxford goals - OK the Power out chants before the end were uncalled for..

What did I miss?

Constant fucking moaning, whinging, ironic cheers, booing own players, Power Out bollocks... from the second they scored their second (which was a screamer tbf) there wasn't one ounce of support or atmosphere.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:10:51 »

Yes I see where you are coming from.
I guess people get ground down over time, coupled with another derby defeat, and this is the result.

We should be trying to raise them. But in all honest I sat there in silence. It was the inevitability of it all.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:13:13 »

The writing was on the wall when the midfield trio of Kasim, Colkett and Gladwin were announced. Today was a day for Ince and Smith to compete and win second balls and let Gladwin create chances for Ajose. Kasim produced the kind of display that reminded of the time he was deemed not good enough for Macclesfield. He has not been the same player without Louis Thompson to do his running. Colkett simply not up to what was required today. Williams announcement after the game that he had decided not to select Ince on merit was absolutely baffling. Though not as baffling as to how he is still employed by the club.

Brophy was a threat. Norris and Ajose had a good first 30 minutes before being isolated. Great strike from Dabo. Best I've seen the centre halves defend 1v1 in a long time. But they simply had no chance with our midfield trio not having the faintest idea how to combat Oxford. The subs bench was similarly useless being packed full of our identikit lightweight players, none of whom were capable of offering anything different to change the momentum.

I thought Oxford were impressive. Started slowly but very powerful with players who have technical ability. The fullbacks constantly created 2v1 overloads and after 30 minutes it felt a matter of time till they would score. Would not be surprised to see them end up in the playoffs.

That Colkett chance before half-time will haunt us. All in all though, simply cannot see Williams & Embleton keeping us in League One.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:24:48 »

my opinion of the referee
weak and innefectual
the oppositions goal came from his abysmal advantage decision from a foul after which Yasser had the ball on his goal side with an opponent on his shoulder - no fucking way was that an advantage - they then scored their 2nd goal

the referee was quite happy with them falling down every time they were challenged robustly, if a player falls down after a bad tackle and rolls 15 times it's simulation; therefore a booking, if not , shite referee. No, I'm bored now.
shite referee - didn't help us much
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:27:04 »

Deadman is a renowned shit ref.

While what you say is true regarding the advantage, he did briefly have the ball before arsing it up. Should have been a free kick but we still had opportunity to deal with it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:45:33 »

Oxford's plan was quite simple and did the job, they knew we could be broken down. They went down every time after Dabo's goal to break up the play as Town were kicking on well after the goal. WE DID LOOK GOOD ON THE COUNTER AT TIMES (in the first 45) - poor decision making saved them. Dunkley didn't look at all comfortable but we didn't exploit it.

They also targeted the booked players knowing that Norris could easily find himself in bother and Gladwin is prone to stick his foot out thus essentially killing off some of their, erm, intensity.

Maguire was their weakest link before Appleton moved him, far too interested in becoming a cult hero for their fans than successfully participating in the sides win. Buy hey, it worked for him... and them.

- Ajose should've scored early on.

- Colkett absolutely should've made it 2-0 in first half injury time (but we still would have thrown in away based on that second half showing). Colkett perhaps isn't the sort of player you need at times of crisis.

- Vigouroux can't cope with fans giving him what for. One of the reasons he's a divvy three footballer.

- Kasim's performance makes me sad, he's a great footballer but his heart isn't in it at Swindon. With that goes his performances and there's the reason the demand for him has seemingly disappeared.

- Conor Thomas was dreadful upon his arrival.

- Branco wasn't terrible but the ease in which they got past him for the equaliser was dreadful and that wasn't the first time they did that during the game.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:48:58 by Costanza » Logged
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:55:10 »

Just another view of today's game. Don't know if anyone else noticed but powers today seemed a lot more animated. Occasionally I found myself looking over him from the drs and quite often he was waving his hand around or holding his head. I think he felt that game too. Can't wait for next game. Looking to go to the away game at Coventry too. COYR

Sent from my iPhone
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 19:57:56 »

Ok yes, I share the long term concerns too.

But I was commenting on the rest of this season really. Fact is we are above the relagation zone still. And while it feels like a lost cause, mathematically it is anything but.

But we are 29 points from 30 games. We are 6/30 points in the last 10. Its clear things need shaking up,. If he's going to persist with the bollocks approach he's taken then we are fucked this season.

There's nothing in our position that say 4 wins in a row couldn't put right....but I just can't see it happening. I suppose Ince might offer something, and if Obika could get fit and get back working with Ajose, there might be a chance....but it's really clutching at straws.
lambourn red

« Reply #269 on: Sunday, February 5, 2017, 20:31:30 »

Just about calmed down after that second half today, on reflection the Pox were a decent side far to good for us. I keep going week in week out more by habit than enjoyment but that is it for me there is no way I am parting with money to buy a season ticket for next season. I have been going for 35 years and a ST holder for the last 15 but the displays we are getting served up are just pathetic and will not change while Power is at the helm.
The model of young non league players and 5 to 7 loans is just not viable especially if you keep selling your best player each season it would be ok if there was a light at the end of the tunnel but there just isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: