Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9089730 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #8655 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:05:34 »

what a change from last season where we were desperate to keep hold of key players and panicking about freefall into the conference...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #8656 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:35:43 »

Midson is not good enough for League One.

Nor is James Constable. Glad we didn't sign him.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8657 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:46:06 »

Nor apparently were Jonathon Smith and Aden Flint as they were playing Conference and Conference North last season!
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #8658 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 10:47:25 »

Nor is James Constable. Glad we didn't sign him.

Both these statements are true imo
Spud

« Reply #8659 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:24:08 »

Agreed.

I personally think we should be looking at clubs in the Championship for a new striker. There's bound to be someone who isn't getting much playing time who would be willing to drop down a division for regular first team football.

Midson has done well for AFC Wimbledon this season, but is he really good enough to step up a division? I don't think so.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #8660 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:29:40 »

If West Had go up (most likely via the play-offs), I suspect Sam Baldock will be on the lookout, but I also suspect he'll want to stay in the Championship. You never know.

Not seen much of Collins, but reports are good.
kerry red

« Reply #8661 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:39:21 »

Well the only thing I can criticise PdC about is his scattergun approach to player recruitment.

He really has brought some crap in on loan apart from the foreign garbage. Tehoue, Montano, Abdullah, that lad from Arsenal and probably some others I cant remember.

Seems to have a real problem identifying strikers, which is strange being one.

Then there are the ones he's fallen out with - Clarke, Kerrouche and, looking likely, Cox.

I know you cant argue with where the team are, but this kind of transfer policy cant carry on
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #8662 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:46:20 »

Well the only thing I can criticise PdC about is his scattergun approach to player recruitment.

He really has brought some crap in on loan apart from the foreign garbage. Tehoue, Montano, Abdullah, that lad from Arsenal and probably some others I cant remember.

Then there are the ones he's fallen out with - Clarke, Kerrouche and, looking likely, Cox.

I know you cant argue with where the team are, but this kind of transfer policy cant carry on

I'm sure PDC would be the first person to agree with you. I imagine plenty will be shipped out and we'll see a much mor measure approach to signings with minimal amounts of foreigners coming in. He'll harbour ambitions of another promotion/title win so I think we'll see championship players dropping to us next year. Similar to Benson.
kerry red

« Reply #8663 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:49:39 »

Hope you're right. Wanting Constable and now being linked to Midson doesn't bode too well, though.

Do managers ever actually go to watch these players?
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #8664 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 12:51:48 »

I think PdC struggled to attract decent players at the start of this season, maybe because he was a bit of an unknown quantity. I'm sure we brought clarke because he couldn't get another english player or somthing... Now that players outside of Swindon know more about him, it should be easier to attract new players and get them to drop down a division..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8665 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:28:49 »

Agreed.

I personally think we should be looking at clubs in the Championship for a new striker. There's bound to be someone who isn't getting much playing time who would be willing to drop down a division for regular first team football.

Midson has done well for AFC Wimbledon this season, but is he really good enough to step up a division? I don't think so.

I'd agree with this.  Somebody like Nathan Tyson, who struggles to get a start and would be a v good League 1 striker.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8666 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:38:19 »

Someone like Tyson would be great. I don't think he is surplus at Derby though. Earlier in the season he was out for 3 months with injury which might explain his lack of appearances.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8667 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 13:45:21 »

Someone like Tyson or also like Rob Earnshaw would be excellent, a record of scoring goals and cant geta  run in the first team at their respective clubs, both quick with good skills and both good goal getters.

Or try and get fellow Italian Marcello Trotta from Fulham on a long term loan, yes I know he stated he wants to play at a higher level than League 1 but maybe the influence of PdC would be enough to get him here.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #8668 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:11:19 »

Dare I say it. Austin with Paolo di Canio's pre-season. Eek

Not sure his attitude suits the di Canio style. Nor would he drop down to league one.

kerry red

« Reply #8669 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2012, 14:15:22 »

Jeez, Austin back to Swindon! PdC had better get his missus under lock and key.

Personally, I wouldn't want Billy Big Bollocks back
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: