Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimović  (Read 6635 times)
Coca Fola

« on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 21:58:00 »

Wow, just wow.

Can't believe the Bosnian FA said he wasn't good enough as an 18 year old. Gotta be one of the worst decisions in the history of football. Other players to slip through the Bosnian net include Nikica Jelavić, Vedran Ćorluka, Dejan Lovren, Mladen Petrić, Neven Subotić among others...
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 22:03:56 »

Perhaps they thought he was a Serbian Gypo?

Not a bad goal that 4th one though  Smiley
Coca Fola

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 22:04:48 »

He's half Croatian too, but Bosnia had first dibs on him as a youngster. Idiots.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 23:34:06 »

I think people are going right over the top about that goal.  It was a good goal.  Perhaps a very good goal.  But really Ive seen some people saying the greatest goal ever. 

Surely the greatest goal ever cant be an overhead lob due that luckily found the target when the keeper fucked up royally can it?

Seen better in my life. 

Never knowingly overstated.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 23:39:48 »

Fallon's was vastly more difficult and better executed
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 00:07:57 »

Great goal....shame it was in a friendly and not knocking out the Krauts in a world cup semi.

Clems Army!
Coca Fola

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 00:22:35 »

Fallon didn't score 3 other goals in that game though did he.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 00:55:02 »

It was a great goal, but it stank of luck to me. He didn't look at the goal at all between seeing the crap header and putting his boot to the ball. Just hoofed and hoped.

Some would say he just 'knew' where the goal was, and having scored 3 other goals that match, it'd be hard to argue against that, but if you don't even glance at the goal, I find it difficult to believe it would always have gone in because he's such an amazing player. Was kind of in the script with the new stadium and everything tonight wasn't it?

On a side note, Rory Fallon's goal still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up thinking about it. Went absolutely bloody mental as a 13 year-old seeing it from the Nationwide... errr I mean Don Rogers Stand
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:03:04 »

Not the best goal ever. A big slice of luck for me.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:04:43 »

I loved that fallon goal. Literally creamed my pants when he did that, and against the slave traders Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:10:39 »

Had a go from a keeper error and it paid off. True to say I've never seen a goal like it, but there was a big chunk of hit and hope, very very classy hit and hope.

I've seen better goals at the County Ground in though, Fallons v City, Cox v Walsall, Fjortoft, Shearer, etc. All "meant" against a keeper in position rather than speculative against a keeper on walkabout.

Fantastic performance by Ibrahimovic mind.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:41:52 »

What he said
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:52:10 »

Had a go from a keeper error and it paid off. True to say I've never seen a goal like it, but there was a big chunk of hit and hope, very very classy hit and hope.

I've seen better goals at the County Ground in though, Fallons v City, Cox v Walsall, Fjortoft, Shearer, etc. All "meant" against a keeper in position rather than speculative against a keeper on walkabout.

Fantastic performance by Ibrahimovic mind.
spot on
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:55:40 »

Did well to get his foot around it although he was in loads of space. For technical ability Cox vs Walsall was far better.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 08:35:11 »

it was lucky it paid off but he had the presence of mind to give it a go and did fantastically to get himself into a position to get a decent connection on it, he knew where he was on the pitch so knew where the goal was but it could have gone anywhere.

all told it was a fabulous piece of opportunism and i salute him for that.  certainly nowhere near being one of the best ever though.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: