Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: School Teachers, The Good The Bad And The Down Right Nasty Fuckers.  (Read 17707 times)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:12:48 »

Spent half my life getting smacked round the head by Wadsworth and Webb. The other half being bellowed at by Camish, Ryan or Stratford.

Camish rings a bell. Nasty bully with a tache who thought he was a bit of a hardman?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #31 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:26:40 »

Camish rings a bell. Nasty bully with a tache who thought he was a bit of a hardman?
Stratford smacked me when I was 11. When I bumped into him at Tescos a few years back he declined my offer to try and smack me again. Most of the teachers at Joes were cunts. Fucking hated it there. Camish was indeed another one.
fatbasher

« Reply #32 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 21:30:47 »

Miss Moore @ Walcot circa 1972-74 pulled me up out of my seat by my side burns which if you look at a 12 year kid they don't have, spiteful religeous midget extremist cow. 
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #33 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 23:13:09 »

Mr Ayers - chemistry teacher, about 7 feet tall, again pretty tough, but a really good laugh and every single person in the class breezed through their O level - no mean feat for Park School.  Sadly he died a few years after I left.

Les Ayers was an absolute top bloke and one of my best mates. I don't doubt he was a great teacher too. His height was caused by something called Marplan Syndrome, ironically the chromazone (sp?) error has now been identified. He had a wicked sense of humor - when he was about to have an op where 1 in 4 don't make it, he could still make a joke about it.

He was a big Town fan too and would have been a major contributor to the TEF had he lived, I feel sure. Fortunately he saw the '69 Wembley win, we went up on one of the trains. I've said it before, when we had that 32k record attendance (Leeds?) we stood on the Shrivvy terrace as usual. The bloke behind said '32,000 people to choose from and you have to stand in front of me'. He was actually 6 ft 8 ins and a bit.
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 06:21:19 »

Stratford smacked me when I was 11. When I bumped into him at Tescos a few years back he declined my offer to try and smack me again. Most of the teachers at Joes were cunts. Fucking hated it there. Camish was indeed another one.
Worst teachers for me had to be the nuns, all of them seemed to take their obvious frustrations out on the kids, mostly the boys.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 06:26:11 »

Mr Cobb from Commonweal was an absolute legend. Pretty old school but still, made me enjoy English more than any other teacher

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 07:09:19 »

Sorry to say I am a little bit older than the majority on here - same era as Reg I guess - and went to Malmesbury Grammar, the biology teacher was a right sadistic bastard called Ken Gray.  He loved to dissect animals but made you watch them being killed first!!  Any excuse to give anyone a slippering, he even persuaded the headmaster to allow him to carry out any caning that needed doing in the head's study!!  The bastard died in a car crash during a summer holiday, nobody mourned his loss!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 07:14:31 »

We also had a Mr Lester who was a real nice man and a good teacher, geography was his subject.  It took a lot to get him going, but one lad farted in class one day, a right loud one, nobody owned up until he threatened everybody with a punishment, Dickie Scott (he still lives in Purton Stoke) was the perpetrator and he eventually put his hand up - Mr Gray knocked two desks over to get to him, such was his rage.  Overall he was a good teacher and always wanted to visit South Africa, he was always telling us of his excitement when him and his wife had booked the long-awaited trip in a summer holiday.   Sadly he collapsed and died at Victoria railway station whilst travelling to the airport!!!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 07:15:28 »

Les Ayers was an absolute top bloke and one of my best mates. I don't doubt he was a great teacher too.

He was. He got me to actually work hard enough to get a grade B in my chemistry O-level by the simple technique of tellng me that he thought I wasn't up to it and entering me for the CSE instead (making me pay to double enter).

I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing, just what buttons to push to motivate me.

..never go back.
DMR

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 07:46:43 »

When I bumped into him at Tescos a few years back he declined my offer to try and smack me again.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 07:57:14 »

I saw my old PE teacher in a nightclub in Oxford once, he called me a cunt and then bought me a pint. Top chap
DRS

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 08:54:23 »

To this day Mr Camish at St Joes was the best teacher I ever had.Could be a nasty fucker but you always knew where you stood with him. Went on to be a steward at the CG and once had a but of a row with Les Ferdinand when we played them in the prem
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 09:18:56 »

What year was that?

I went to Dorcan and the PE teacher was Mr Knight 1993-98. The man was a grade A cunt and I remember having a wee chuckle to myself when getting told he had caught pneumonia.

First PE lesson he walked in said 3 of us would be dead before we hit 40, then the cunt pointed at me!!

Knighty was still there when I was at Dorcan 2004-2009. He was one of my favourite teachers. Think he retired a couple of years ago, though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 09:20:15 »

Mr Gibbs (The old music teacher at Bradon) was the sole and only cause that I ever heard my late, highly religious grandmother swear.

She referred to him, quite out of the blue over dinner as "that prick"

He gave me a half hour lecture once on why the guitar wasnt a proper instrument and I couldn't use it for my coursework. He was a tool. Also used to chat on MSN on his laptop, and whenever we walked over he would shut it. Blatantly some dodgy dealings.

The drama teachers at Bradon when I was there were mental. The lady one (McCallum I think?) once literally sat on my head.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 09:42:14 »

The drama teachers at Bradon when I was there were mental. The lady one (McCallum I think?) once literally sat on my head.

What was the bloke drama teacher called? Calder? He was there donkeys when I joined and absolutely raving mad.

Does anyone know what happened to the history teacher Mr Booy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: