Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norway V England  (Read 8556 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 09:52:20 »

This is where being the England manager becomes a problem.The majority want players to be picked on form not name,now i agree with most that johnson and richards should be in the team but when you look at it closely they really have not played enough minutes in the last few months to warrant a place.Both need to leave city asap or run the risk of ending up the way of players like joe cole,scott parker and glenn johnson to a point.

OK there has to be some sort of balance, between playing and resting, but for me, the a perennial problem for England is that the players are knackered.  Fellas such as Richards and Johnson, should be quite fresh.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 09:54:50 »

Ox agreed, but Young is like any other. Had a very good first few months with Utd, then was pretty piss poor since.

Disagree. Got injured then came back strong. Should still be quite fresh for the euros. He'll play for sure
DRS

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 09:56:39 »

I agree reg fwiw but you ca see my point. The promising thing for me is that Carroll and Young seem to have found form at the right time.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 10:33:42 »

Young and Ox have end product. those 2 would start wide for me.

Me too

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 10:39:38 »

I agree reg fwiw but you ca see my point. The promising thing for me is that Carroll and Young seem to have found form at the right time.

I hope they can keep their form going
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 16:09:27 »

If that is Carroll in form then we are in trouble.

He's only in the squad due to our lack of other options but once Rooney returns I hope we play him upfront on his own as the rest of the strikers aren't good enough.
DRS

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 17:16:26 »

Thats bollocks chris.It's very easy to jump on the carroll is shit bandwagon but the fact is he has played well lately.As for he is going because of rooney,how so? Ask Haangaland(sp) how he thought Carroll played last night.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 18:17:12 »

Wasn't impressed with him last night. Not saying he is shit but he is not international quality and his transfer to Liverpool will go down as the most laughable of all time. He may have played well lately but he hasn't been scoring for fun - his record is piss poor.

I didn't say he is going because of Rooney, he is only going because England have poor options up front beyond Rooney.

Out of the 'big' type strikers that could have gone, Crouch, Holt and Carroll, I can see why he was picked ahead of them due to age but he wouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 for me.

I would rate our strikers in order as Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge, Welbeck and they are the four I would have taken.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 18:56:25 »

Carroll is a victim of his club side, much like Downing imo. Not worth £35 mill but probably deserves to be in the squad.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 27, 2012, 19:06:47 »

Carroll is a victim of his club side, much like Downing imo. Not worth £35 mill but probably deserves to be in the squad.

They are only worth what some idiots are prepared to spend I guess
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: