Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28616 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:35:26 »

I got to feel sorry for Brad Smith as Turnbull, for a left footer always seems to pass infield, and refuses to pass the ball to him. Oldham worked that out by half time, and kept on putting the pressure on him in he second half.

Fully agree with most of the comments that a draw was a fair result, and that Oldham will upset quite a few teams if they play like that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:35:54 »

Cooper made the point that their second goal came about as we came out to play offside but one didn't get the message and played three of their on!!

Ah, well that makes sense of what happened.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 21:41:40 »

Ah, well that makes sense of what happened.

Agreed. Seemed to have 2 Oldham player attacking the ball vs zero of us!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 22:05:09 »

One of those nights, didn't quite click. Fair result, we would have possibly lost that game last season, well we did I suppose.

Totally lost the battle in the middle of the park, our 3 were way off their best.  Byrne was absolutely superb first half, what a transformation he has undergone.

Fair play to Oldham they came to give it a go and played nice stuff at times. Some old mong at the back of the DRS was loudly proclaiming they were the dirtiest team he had ever seen, assume it was his first game for years.

Dreadful atmosphere once again.
kerry red

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 07:50:16 »

What's your eyesight like....be warned the view from the TE is never the best, but for night games under the ever dwindling lux of the floodlights, events at the Bank, can approach guess work.

Spot on there, Reg.

Couldnt see a thing in the first half - was squinting like I was turning Japanese.

Had no perspective on the game at all.

Going to have to upgrade my tickets for Saturday and get back viewing from the side
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 07:55:15 »

How did your date with BO go?
kerry red

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 07:57:41 »

He was the perfect gentleman
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 08:59:20 »

First time I've seen us this season and looked to me like we did towards the end of last season - but understand from others around me it's the worst we've been. Is that alarming so early on in the season when Cooper said the side were tired? We missed a game a couple of weeks ago and we're 7 games in - perhaps he meant 2 games in 4 days? Draw seemed a fair result and I think the only disappointment, like others have said, was the fact we took the lead at home with 10 minutes to go and should really close games out like that if we want to be a top 6 contender.

Looking forward to Saturday, hopefully be another good game and we come away with the win!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 09:20:08 »

Spot on there, Reg.

Couldnt see a thing in the first half - was squinting like I was turning Japanese.

Had no perspective on the game at all.

Going to have to upgrade my tickets for Saturday and get back viewing from the side

Swings and roundabouts, what you lose on Bank events you gain on TE events....both the goals going in the TE were memorable, (even if one was for Oldham) whereas both the Bank goals were Scrappy-doo.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 09:45:39 »

First time I've seen us this season and looked to me like we did towards the end of last season - but understand from others around me it's the worst we've been. Is that alarming so early on in the season when Cooper said the side were tired? We missed a game a couple of weeks ago and we're 7 games in - perhaps he meant 2 games in 4 days? Draw seemed a fair result and I think the only disappointment, like others have said, was the fact we took the lead at home with 10 minutes to go and should really close games out like that if we want to be a top 6 contender.

Looking forward to Saturday, hopefully be another good game and we come away with the win!

Luongo and Kasim (to a lesser extent) didn't have much rest during the international break and unfortunately this may have hindered up last night.

I thought Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves looked quite busy last night and made some good passes when he came on.

If only we could clone Byrne to have a good attacking left wing back as well. We look so good down the right and absolutely toothless down the left.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 10:16:24 »

Still early days but Brad Smith doesn't look anywhere near good enough for League One to me.
kerry red

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 10:34:28 »

Keep thinking he will come good, approach play is OK but crossing has been consistently poor.

If we had 2 Byrnes . . .
normy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 10:35:08 »

Plan A of patiently passing the ball through from defence to front has been great to watch so far this season, but it can be easily disrupted as Oldham showed last night by pressurising the back three.  Long ball is not our game, and Brad Smith does not seem suited to be a winger ie  his crossing is awful, and we rely too much on the great play of Nathan Byrne to create chances.

ust be the oldest
kerry red

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 10:54:15 »

Cant be that easy to disrupt as we've only lost once - and that was a freak of a game at Creepies.

What it does require is that every player has to be close to top form every game.

If you play hoofball teams can get away with a couple being off form

Know what I prefer, though
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 10:59:47 »

They didn't start pressing until the 2nd half. Had they been at it all first half too then maybe things would've played out differently later on.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: