Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73897 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 18:51:13 »

But a University snob would know that Cheltenham isn't one of the great Universities like Oxford, Cambridge and Hull.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:10:11 »

So the concerts and Flint deal have convinced many that all is good?
Short memories. Early days yet.

Definitely, it could all be a smoke screen for what may follow.  We wait to see.

If we were serious about keeping him, rather than the club making a lame effort to be able to say to the fans "we tried", we wouldn't have offered a one year deal to last season's captain/utility player. I never expected him to stay anyway, it's just another demonstration of quite how skint we are.

And whilst I am at it, I just came across McCrory's tweet about Watford's play-off defeat. Harmless on one level, but unbecoming of a supposed football league chairman. Unprofessional, embarrassing fool.

Tend to  agree.  He was highly unlikely to accept a 1 year deal if he can get longer elsewhere.  Possibly the club were hoping that was the case to get him off the wage bill?

What did the tweet say?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:17:57 »

Macca has stated that it was the fact that he was offered less money.......he didn't want more.

Anyone thinking that  lower league player is going to remain at a club after being offered less money is deluded.

We had good cup runs and made the playoffs....the club made good money last year.

As a pro he wants the best deal financially....where that is dosn't matter to him.....he owes the club nothing.

The same probably goes for Flint.

red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:21:28 »

but when you think of the extras like getting to meet Mcknasty as well a host of other superstars that he could do if he stays

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:34:35 »

We had good cup runs and made the playoffs....the club made good money last year.
Yeah and we spent a lot more than we made. We're cutting our cloth due to having to. I don't expect any player to take a pay cut,  but I also don't expect the club to pay silly money for a 3rd division footballer (which is probably what we were paying).
Good luck to him, good player for us.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:41:06 »

Are you trying to say we made a profit? 

Hmmm
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 19:51:30 »

Are you trying to say we made a profit? 

Hmmm
I'm guessing Leefer's point is that the club made a lot of 'unbudgeted for' revenue if that makes sense!!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Flashheart

« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:06:09 »

I'm guessing Leefer's point is that the club made a lot of 'unbudgeted for' revenue if that makes sense!!!

So...... it makes financial sense to pay too much for players to (possibly) earn unbudgeted revenue, even though you still operate at a loss overall?

Not a dig at you Freddy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:22:00 »

So...... it makes financial sense to pay too much for players to (possibly) earn unbudgeted revenue, even though you still operate at a loss overall?

Not a dig at you Freddy

It can (the key word being can) make financial sense to pay a little bit extra in order to have a better team. Which in theory (the key word being theory) will gives you better results and thus more televised games, a better finishing position, better cup runs and hell maybe even promotion. See Bournemouth.

It's not a guarantee, its a bet, a gamble.

The more you bet the higher the potential rewards.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:23:20 »

It can (the key word being can) make financial sense to pay a little bit extra in order to have a better team. Which in theory (the key word being theory) will gives you better results and thus more televised games, a better finishing position, better cup runs and hell maybe even promotion. See Bournemouth.

I don't disagree about the speculate to accumulate idea you're suggesting but I don't think Bournemouth are a valid example, they've spent far far more than 'a little bit extra'.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:23:23 »

And the higher the catastrophic losses, which you seem content to continually ignore

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:24:31 »

I don't disagree about the speculate to accumulate idea you're suggesting but I don't think Bournemouth are a valid example, they've spent far far more than 'a little bit extra'.

How much extra will next season as aChampionship club bring?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:25:22 »

And the higher the catastrophic losses, which you seem content to continually ignore

I'd strongly suggest the betting metaphor made that point clear.
nochee

« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:26:12 »

Definitely, it could all be a smoke screen for what may follow.  We wait to see.

Tend to  agree.  He was highly unlikely to accept a 1 year deal if he can get longer elsewhere.  Possibly the club were hoping that was the case to get him off the wage bill?

Has Macca gone?

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 20:28:09 »

If the investment in players that were apparent to all were made we'd be a championship club now.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: