Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73911 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:34:17 »

They obviously want him big time. Need to milk this for a bit more methinks. £500k anyone?

Yep that's 3 bids for him now. They can keep coming back for all I care. Personally I can't see Flint being involved either way next season regardless of whether he goes or not.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 17:08:54 »

The thought that Flint could potentially go for more than Ritchie makes me want to both laugh and cry.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:42:55 »

4 members have staff have taken voluntary redundancy.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/redundancy-process-complete-832613.aspx

with the recent news that there are going to be business meetings, the refusal to sell Aden Flint for tuppance and that we are trying to bring in Mason from Spurs, are we sitting a little more confortably?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #288 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 10:47:16 »

I’d be very surprised if Flint was staying. It’s very early on to sell him and season ticket money will see us through until the start of the season. A bit of bidding competition is a good thing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 13:20:43 »

I’d be very surprised if Flint was staying. It’s very early on to sell him and season ticket money will see us through until the start of the season. A bit of bidding competition is a good thing.

City know they'll get their man...and don't need to pay his wages through the summer when we might will
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:16:22 »

He's gone......just getting the price right now.

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #291 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:19:26 »

As Brucie would say:

'higher, higher'

Honestly, if Flint is worth £300'000 my cock's a kipper
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:29:47 »

A player's worth is surely however much a club is willing to spend on him? If he doesn't want to stay here and we can make a bit of money on him, then everybody should be happy (not DV obviously). Ok defender but definitely not irreplaceable.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #293 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 14:52:53 »

A player's worth is surely however much a club is willing to spend on him? If he doesn't want to stay here and we can make a bit of money on him, then everybody should be happy (not DV obviously). Ok defender but definitely not irreplaceable.
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:01:30 »

I think DV would suggest, that your argument is a bit simplistic. Take Greer, for example, we sold him for £250K but he was worth a lot more. The relegation season of 10/11, would likely not have happened if he'd stayed. Fitton wouldn't have left the helm, opening the way for PdC to have to break the bank to get us back up. So you could argue Greer was worth several mill to us.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 16:05:19 »

I think DV would suggest, that your argument is a bit simplistic. Take Greer, for example, we sold him for £250K but he was worth a lot more. The relegation season of 10/11, would likely not have happened if he'd stayed. Fitton wouldn't have left the helm, opening the way for PdC to have to break the bank to get us back up. So you could argue Greer was worth several mill to us.
Absolutely right. But Aden Flint isn't Gordon Greer. So I'm not sure what your point is? Flint isn't as important to our squad as Greer was and definitely isn't captain material (at least not yet). He also hasn't got the wealth of experience Greer had. If we do struggle next season it won't be because we sold Flint.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 16:21:16 »

Absolutely right. But Aden Flint isn't Gordon Greer. So I'm not sure what your point is? Flint isn't as important to our squad as Greer was and definitely isn't captain material (at least not yet). He also hasn't got the wealth of experience Greer had. If we do struggle next season it won't be because we sold Flint.

I don't disagree about Flint, just putting myself in DV shoes, which are probably horrible and sweaty.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 17:30:45 »

Chris tanner is leaving
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 17:44:27 »

I don't disagree about Flint, just putting myself in DV shoes, which are probably horrible and sweaty.
Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, May 23, 2013, 17:45:15 »

Chris tanner is leaving

That's a shame, he always seemed a decent chap. Hope he has something better lined up in the near future.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: