Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73906 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:19:49 »

These people are out of their depth, nothing more nothing less.

Yep, that's absolutely it. They don't give anything a way because they don't know themselves. It's quite clear we're in survival mode because their backers pulled out.

Tell you what though, if by some slight miracle we do well on our budget next season you could easily argue that the board aren't so clueless after all.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:19:51 »

McCormack is refusing to sign a new deal, apparently has the same agent as Flint.

didn't Phil Spencer sign up most of the first team and youth  Hmmm
The_Doctor

« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:20:15 »

McCormack set to leave after rejecting 2 year contract on lower wages.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:31:03 »

He did say he wouldn't sign for less money so if we offered less money inevitable he would leave.

Will be remembered fondly for that goal at Northampton as well as generally putting in a good shift, wherever he played. Ok, he wasn't perfect and made some stupid mistakes in games, but I'll be sad to see him go.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:50:50 »

If McCormack goes, which he probably will, then we'll need to find another leader.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:54:48 »

I'm going to base this on the assumption that the Board, are trying to create a sustainable club, whereby any incoming funds match any outgoing funds, and that their take, however distasteful there is one at all, is fairly based on work done.

Starting in goal, Foderingham will go, no doubt. Think PdC might be interested in him, as Mignolet is likely to be sold. Don't think Bedwell is ready for 1st team football, so we'll sign a veteran keeper, for some reason I can see Steve Mildenhall back here.

N Thompson, may possibly sign, but if there is any truth in the Leeds story he'll go, which would be bonus money..

TAH, I suspect is long term injured, best scenario here is that he has to retire for insurance purposes so frees up a wage.  Ward wil stay, and may possibly be handed a coaching role. Oakley will step up for 1st team action...JMac, will stay, as no-one will take him at the wages we pay. Caddis will go to Brum, and A Rooney will come to us, fees undisclosed.

AMac will definitely depart, leaving a midfield of L Thompson,who will sign and Navarro, who will spend most of the season on the treatment table before departing in the summer. Roberts, will be a decent performer next season, especially in the latter stages when he is looking for a new contract elsewhere. Lee Cox, will get some 1st team action around December, and prove surprisingly popular. L Rooney will bench warm, before a loan spell at Newport County.

James Collins will be sold....Paul Benson will be loaned out...leaving a front combo of Wiliams, Storey who will sign and A Rooney.  The bench will then consist of the kids like Ferguson, Francis and Waldon....the numbers then made up by loans that KMac, who will be staying, can help Power arrange.

Hopefully, the fees accrued for Flint, Foderingham, Collins, and possibly Thompson, should be enough to cover costs for the summer.  We then have a much more manageable wage bill.
I think that this will be very close to the truth. Think that if you add one or two young additions from the 'trial' games then it will be spot on.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:56:53 »

If McCormack goes, which he probably will, then we'll need to find another leader.
Ward.
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:00:13 »

Ward.

Ooh, good shout. Forget about him for a sec.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:02:38 »

Where is it said about mccormack?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:03:16 »

Leaders could be Ward, Navarro, Benson or potentially Cox.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:03:40 »

But it won't go to a tribunal, as we have activated the year on his contract and next year he will be 24 so he can go for nothing at that point.
Good point, I'm assuming he doesn't have a choice but to sign the deal then if that's the case!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
phelpsieboy

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:05:52 »

Cox will be a vital member next year in my opinion, highly impressed at both Pox and Plymouth. If Post Bad Bitches is still here then he too will be a vital member.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:07:02 »

Both L2 clubs though.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:36:58 »

McCormack set to leave after rejecting 2 year contract on lower wages.
Where've you seen this??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 13:55:59 »

Where've you seen this??

I think everything is stemming from that original adver report on May 10th:

I won’t be taking a cut in wages. I’ve got a family now, I’ve got offers out there but I want this to be my first option. I want to stay here, I don’t want to be moving my family.”
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10411105.Swindon_is_Macca_s_first_choice/

Given the current cut in wage bill people are speculating that we won't meet Macca's demands:

He previously told the Advertiser: “There are some good clubs who are making calls and I’ve spoken to a couple of clubs already.

“I’m just waiting to see what Swindon say and go from there. I’d rather stay here than go anywhere else but the offer has got to be right here."

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10416792.Championship_quartet_step_up_chase_for_McCormack/?ref=mr
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: