Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread  (Read 61397 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 21:34:46 »

Doesnt that situation change though when private text become public?

Totally different but if your wife was having an affair the texts she sends to her lover would technically be private, however once the offended party in this case you, or in the cricket case Strauss/Flower find out the status quo of that relationship totally changes.  Flower or Strauss or in truth any of those other England players in that dressing room couldnt trust KP as far as they could throw him. 

In 2003, Flower took on Mugabe, he isnt going to think twice about taking on KP!

As far as I'm aware the actual content of the texts have not been made public.

I see Stuard Broad has admitted it was one of his friends that was behind the fake KP Twitter account. He denies any involvement in it, but if you were KP would you trust him or anyone else in the dressing room?

As I said before, KP is a bit of a twat at times but I don't see how anyone can argue this is all down to him. The handling of it by the ECB, Strauss and ex-professionals who have close ties to the ECB leaves a lot to be desired.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 21:36:23 »

As far as I'm aware the actual content of the texts have not been made public.

I see Stuard Broad has admitted it was one of his friends that was behind the fake KP Twitter account. He denies any involvement in it, but if you were KP would you trust him or anyone else in the dressing room?

As I said before, KP is a bit of a twat at times but I don't see how anyone can argue this is all down to him. The handling of it by the ECB, Strauss and ex-professionals who have close ties to the ECB leaves a lot to be desired.

Spot on.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 21:39:40 »

Agree on the whole Jonny but Strauss?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 22:06:45 »

It's an odd one the whole situation  Hmmm KP has been a ticking timebomb ever since he lost the captaincy in the Peter Moore bust up a few years ago!

It just makes you think what is going on behind closed doors, especially where we seemed such a tight-knit unit that is the worlds number 1 test team at present!

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 22:09:05 »

I'm also going for a South Africa win at Lords, the whole situation with KP has become a mega distraction and I can't see anything but a 2-0 series win, and losing #1 ranking in the process!

#VivaKenBarlow!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 00:09:21 »

Agree on the whole Jonny but Strauss?

He's acted like a wet blanket rather than acting like a captain and taking control of the situation and trying to sort it out. Matt Prior called KP to try and sort it out, Strauss hid behind the ECB until today when he just moaned about how hurt he was by the whole thing.

Interesting article on the KP Genius Twitter account here; http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-south-africa-2012/content/current/story/577333.html

Allegedly, the man behind it was Richard Bailey. Who happens to share a house with two Notts players. Another Notts (and England) player Alex Hales was the first to follow the account. Whilst Broad (yet another Notts player) was with Bailey the night the account was setup.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 08:03:18 »

Sounds like relationships are strained but nice to see the power of social media has led to all involved looking like a bunch of kids.

Strauss i'm sure can do without it and has remained as professional and level headed as usual IMO. We don't know he hasn't tried to phone him anyway do we?

Today should be about us trying to level the series and retain our number one spot first (a tough ask) and Strauss' 100th Test second. A celebration of what the man has helped English cricket achieve. Everything else should take a back seat but it won't obviously.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 08:22:46 »

He's acted like a wet blanket rather than acting like a captain and taking control of the situation and trying to sort it out. Matt Prior called KP to try and sort it out, Strauss hid behind the ECB until today when he just moaned about how hurt he was by the whole thing.

Interesting article on the KP Genius Twitter account here; http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-south-africa-2012/content/current/story/577333.html

Allegedly, the man behind it was Richard Bailey. Who happens to share a house with two Notts players. Another Notts (and England) player Alex Hales was the first to follow the account. Whilst Broad (yet another Notts player) was with Bailey the night the account was setup.

I think the most damaging allegation in that article is that KP is close friends with Piers Morgan.
kerry red

« Reply #203 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 08:46:30 »

So who leaked the texts sent to the Saffers?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 09:20:20 »

So who leaked the texts sent to the Saffers?

Saffers play hard, but play dirty...can't say I blame them when half the England team are South African.

They've hung England out to dry like a Craster kipper.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 09:28:00 »

I think the most damaging allegation in that article is that KP is close friends with Piers Morgan.

I'd send him back to SA for that alone!

From the tone of Strauss's interview yesterday be a while before KP is back if ever.  The next test tour isnt until November to India.

kerry red

« Reply #206 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 09:28:35 »

That Tony Greig has a lot to answer for
gingernuggets

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 09:51:15 »

Often a good toss to lose at Lords as days 2 and 3 normally better for batting than day 1. Hope so anyway!

Pleased than Finn is retained over Bresnan.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 09:52:22 »

Finn, Bairstow and Taylor all play. The transition begins!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 10:37:26 »

Graeme Smith out on review having edged behind. Not really sure why you wouldn't walk with the review system in place but right decision made.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: