Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread  (Read 61397 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:50:58 »

Mostly because I have a recurring nightmare where Prior breaks his finger on the eve of the first Test of a big series and Davies has to debut against someone who's actually quite good. Similar situation for Cook/Strauss with no obvious backup opener (Carberry is good but I'm not sure if he's able to tour yet?)

One of the benefits of Bairstow, is that he can keep wicket.  He needs to work on his short ball strategy though. The selectors might give Finna run out if Jimmy has a bit of a niggle, but that will be about it.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 06:39:27 »

Pretty certain the team will remain unchanged - there's enough of a break between tests and you don't start handing out test caps willy nilly
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 09:50:12 »

Kemar Roach has gone home and has been replaced by Sunil Narine.  Seen a fair bit of this fella in the IPL.  He bowls mystery spin ala Saeed Ajmal, so will be interesting to see if the England middle order have learnt anything from there summer travails!

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 10:45:31 »

KP retires from all limited overs cricket with immediate effect!

I guess he will still pop across to the IPL every year to line his pockets though!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 10:54:19 »

Quote from: bbc
The ECB says that the terms of the central contract state that any player making himself unavailable for either of the one-day formats automatically rules himself out of consideration for both formats of the game as planning for both formats is closely linked. But Pietersen added: "For the record, were the selection criteria not in place, I would have readily played for England in the upcoming ICC World Twenty20."

I can imagine that was a fun conversation he had with the ECB.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:41:03 »

KP will be a big loss in one day cricket for England, one of the very few players who can change the course of an innings in a few overs. Interesting to see how they cope in the World Cup
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:21:34 »

KP is big game player and will be a miss. I felt moving him up to open in ODI's was a great move as well!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:24:53 »

KP is big game player and will be a miss. I felt moving him up to open in ODI's was a great move as well!

But before that he'd been mediocre for 3 or 4 years, and lots were calling for his head.  Chance for a younger player, and there are a few about.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 20:19:36 »

Fair point, but I'd rather have KP as a proven ODI player right now and for the next world cup

#VivaKenBarlow!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 21:13:03 »

I love KP (and there are few with his swagger and class when he's in the mood) but the only thing I often wonder is whether the central terms of an ECB cricket contract ought to start at requiring you to be a Brit. 

Kieswetter, Trott, KP, Strauss lining up against the Saffas...great, but is it "international" cricket?

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:00:32 »

Anyone know when the domestic 20 20 season starts or has it started already?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 06:32:15 »

http://www.ecb.co.uk/stats/fixtures-results/competitions.html?Lc=1327

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 07:50:43 »

Cheers!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 16:12:38 »

I love KP (and there are few with his swagger and class when he's in the mood) but the only thing I often wonder is whether the central terms of an ECB cricket contract ought to start at requiring you to be a Brit. 

Kieswetter, Trott, KP, Strauss lining up against the Saffas...great, but is it "international" cricket?

Surely it's more international.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 09:45:50 »

Just a three day test then, Onions and Finn in with Broad and Anderson left out.

WI batting first, can't see them making more than 160.  England to make 400+ then bowl them out cheap, EASY
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: