Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver  (Read 13953 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:15:00 »

Maybe potential sponsors have seen how the club appears to be run currently and have read Jed's tweets and comments which imo are on a par with the This is buffoons?
Maybe he needs to look at himself? His tweets at times are like a teen schoolboy's, not a man running a professional football club.

I don't agree with abusing the bloke on Twitter etc but he aint no saint is he? Internet squabbles with fans, contradictory comments and dodging of questions aint gonna win him many fans. The guy should delete his twitter account and stop acting like a child.

THIS
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:20:27 »

THIS

Yep, I'd agree with that too.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:25:04 »

I'd also add that the manager walking out in pre season,board members coming and going and the shambles of the concerts looks bad too. Do people honestly think the current board look good enough to give money to?
A few nob heads on the internet is the least of their problems.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:28:20 »

In theory a chairman being on Twitter is a good idea, embracing social media to interact with fans etc

Unfortunately Jed's illiterate best mate lad-down-the-pub style just comes across as totally unprofessional and embarrassing to read at times

If someone like Jezza had gone down the twitter route I imagine he would have come across very well seeing as communication was his most successful (possibly only as it turns out) part of his job.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:30:21 by Abrahammer » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:32:27 »

In theory a chairman being on Twitter is a good idea, embracing social media to interact with fans etc

Unfortunately Jed's illiterate best mate lad-down-the-pub style just comes across as totally unprofessional and embarrassing to read at times.

As it stands no one is coming out of this very well as Jed's engagement on Twitter is met by abuse and a general level of twattishness from many of the fans, it is just now perpetuating itself into factions forming and battle lines being drawn.

I honestly think that anyone endorsed by the board will not get the support of an element of the fanbase, its reaching the stage that the only way forward would be a clean start with new owners so hopefully one of the plethora of other bidders for the club in January will come forward and galvanise the fan base.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:39:55 »

If Fredi's allegations are really untrue and detrimental then the club should sue. Closing down one's Twitter account would be a good start to ending personal abuse.

Arriba's spot on about the sponsors. I don't care about the adver comments section, I never read it anymore.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:47:26 »

I'd also add that the manager walking out in pre season,board members coming and going and the shambles of the concerts looks bad too. Do people honestly think the current board look good enough to give money to?
Yeah, but it's always good distraction tactics to have a spat with the Adver.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:53:00 »

CG press conference at 4 pm, apparently.  Apart from confirmation of MC's appointment (and a vote of confidence in him), I doubt they'll have much to say.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:55:53 »

Yeah, but it's always good distraction tactics to have a spat with the Adver.
I'm still not aware of a spat.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:57:40 »

This.

But no, definitely that damn Adver comments section is the root cause of all of our problems.  Head Hurts
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:00:36 »

If Fredi's allegations are really untrue and detrimental then the club should sue. Closing down one's Twitter account would be a good start to ending personal abuse.

Arriba's spot on about the sponsors. I don't care about the adver comments section, I never read it anymore.

But sue who, the Adver? Or do they track down Fredi and go to the expense of trying to pin that down - not saying its right, but is it worth it in the long run and why should they when the Adver could just atke it down if it cannot be proven.

I don't get the whole he could close his account argument (although I think he should but thats another matter)! Its just letting the trolls win isn't it, its like that lass who killed herself the other week as she was being bullied on line (not saying Jedders is being bullied BTW), rather than going after those who perpetrate the trolling its the victim who loses out by not being able to use the social media anymore.

And can you imagine the uproar is Jed closed his Twitter - 'bloody board refuse to engage with fans, just shows how dodgy they are..'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:01:28 »

I'm still not aware of a spat.

Come on Sam, what would you know you are only directly involved, we are speculating and thus know better!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:10:17 »

Which sponsors have we lost out on then?

We can't possibly be the only team with a less than brilliant comments section and twitter army. Are other clubs having the same issue?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 14:38:11 »

St Tropez massage parlour - it had to close down, I wore them out
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 14:45:09 »

Which sponsors have we lost out on then?

We can't possibly be the only team with a less than brilliant comments section and twitter army. Are other clubs having the same issue?

When are you changing your username to DV Cooper?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: