Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Additinal not so new investment...  (Read 4327 times)
millom red

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 00:14:02 »

Having spent the last couple of days trying to suss who the mystery new investor might be, i have a feeling that they might not be so new after all....Enter St.Modwen as the Knight on the charger.
Think about it..protecting their investment etc etc.
Expect an announcement on thur/fri, just shy of the deadline.
Scares me rigid if im right.
Had an interesting converstaion tonight in the pub with a couple of  old school supporter who, in their words have read between the lines, been there, seen it, and unless they(st.mods) are the ones, the club will fold.( Mick the greek..if i dont get my way, i will take the club down)
Considering St.Mods involvement with the Canal development at Hungerford, it might make sense...who owned the land upon which this development is taking place?..i dont know for sure, just putting 2 & 2 together.(Sir Seton?) I maybe way off the mark...
I had been thinking this anyway but did not want to make myself look a twat if i was wrong. Their(pub gents who have been going since the end of wwII) opinion backed up my original inclination.
Not in their(st.mods) best interests if the club folds.
Apparantly, we are paying just 6% on their initial investment per annum re: keeping the club going following the Shaw debacle, and that is why they have not fore-closed on the original development deal. This would allow the current incumbents to stay put!!!

I hope i am wrong, but im concerned. £900k to a multi-million pound business like St.Mods  is a drop in the ocean.(chippenham it is then!!)

Im praying i am wrong. To alah, god, buddha...you name it....

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 07:13:30 »

I can't see St Modwen bailing us out again. Yes, they do have £1.2 million to protect but as you've already said Millom, that's a drop in the ocean for them.

Plus it's a debenture anyway, so they must have some kind of surety up against the loan. Not sure what though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 07:38:26 »

To think the club has been dragged through all this, just for a few houses.  Doh
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 09:54:03 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I can't see St Modwen bailing us out again. Yes, they do have £1.2 million to protect but as you've already said Millom, that's a drop in the ocean for them.

Plus it's a debenture anyway, so they must have some kind of surety up against the loan. Not sure what though.

Im thinking more in the way of them making money out of
A..a re-development of the cg....or
B... Chippenham.
I was quite pished when i wrote the first post last night and am probably clutching at straws, but hey ho.

Whats that coming over the hill is it an investor......

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 10:14:45 »

well the way the have been having a pop at SBC tends to suggest they are either on their way out or they have a Chippenham move up their sleeve. one would hope it's obviosuly the former of them options but it is an interesting thought that St Modwen could be the new invester. i still can't see it myself though
Roddy_Radiation

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 10:47:50 »

Considering St.Mods involvement with the Canal development at Hungerford, it might make sense...who owned the land upon which this development is taking place?..i dont know for sure, just putting 2 & 2 together.(Sir Seton?)

The Hungerford Marina site is owned and being developed by Shaw Park Developments which is joint venture between St Modwens and the Wills Family. The Wills are described as the vendor so I suspect that means they are the land owners.
I suppose if the collapse of STFC has a big enough knock on effect on the Wills it could effect this development  and then there is the possibility that the Wills could borrow more money from them against future profits from the development.
There again I'm pretty clueless on how big businesses work so have no idea on what is really possible here.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 11:13:38 »

asda plans for a store at langley park [ part of the old westinghouse site] were regected this week .could this be the partener the board need to find another site around the outskirts of chippenham?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 11:41:24 »

Are Shaw Park Developments a registered company.  If so, who are the directors?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 11:54:22 »

I cant see any problem why the board cant tell us who they are especially if we dont take to them we have a right to know whos investing in our club we are all paying customers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 12:11:47 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"

Yes. Directors are James Wills, Sandy Gray, Bob Holt plus three geezers from St Modwen - Charles Glossop, Stephen Burke and William (Bill?) Oliver.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 12:28:54 »

If it is St Modwens then its hello Chippenham. The board would say we've tried negotiating with the Council and the relationship has broken down irretrievably.
One horrible thought running thruogh my head is something I read on another thread. That is if we fuck up on the CVA the total debt becomes payable. I must admit the more pissed i got last night the more i thuoght isn't that the kind of cuntish thing Diamandis would do - ie bring the club down with him and stick two fingers up to Bill Power at the same time by making the club unsellable.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 12:32:27 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
If it is St Modwens then its hello Chippenham. The board would say we've tried negotiating with the Council and the relationship has broken down irretrievably.
One horrible thought running thruogh my head is something I read on another thread. That is if we fuck up on the CVA the total debt becomes payable. I must admit the more pissed i got last night the more i thuoght isn't that the kind of cuntish thing Diamandis would do - ie bring the club down with him and stick two fingers up to Bill Power at the same time by making the club unsellable.

And you think SSW would go along with that and lose millions?
TalkTalk

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 12:43:42 »

They would still have the problem with the Football League sanctioning any move away from the Swindon conurbation.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 12:51:27 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
They would still have the problem with the Football League sanctioning any move away from the Swindon conurbation.

yes they would. aren't new rules in place for that now after the whole Franchise/Wimbledon saga?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 23, 2007, 13:26:20 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "ronnie21"

Yes. Directors are James Wills, Sandy Gray, Bob Holt plus three geezers from St Modwen - Charles Glossop, Stephen Burke and William (Bill?) Oliver.
Thanks Paul, so three people directly involved with STFC are involved with Shaw Park, no wonder Sandy is never at her desk!!  Wasn't Shaw Park set up to develop just that, our new stadium at Shaw?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: