Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Tranmere Vs. Swindon Town M.D.T  (Read 24709 times)
santasdead

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 19:17:44 »

as i wasn't there i dont know what happend yesterday.but in the closing 15 mins or so did we go 3 at the back?or maybe go 3 in midfield with an extra body upfront?

3 at the back,jack smith was as far up the pitch as he could go without putting kanu too much off his game. greer and ifil did their best to get up as well, with greer the only one of our players to have a shot from outside the box. vincent occasionally got forward to help out,it wasnt like we were defending the game,we were taking the game too them,with paynter on though it would have been more effective.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 19:25:44 »

for me, playing 3 upfront when chasing a game is a gamble worth taking.if you are losing you have bugger all to lose by doing so.paynter and peacock are probably the best two headers of the ball we have.
sturrock is another option as he runs the channels better then any other town player.

as i wasn't there i dont know what happend yesterday.but in the closing 15 mins or so did we go 3 at the back?or maybe go 3 in midfield with an extra body upfront?
all obvious moves, but worth trying imo.

Putting the extra body up front used to be the way to do it.  King used to be comical in his approach, the extra body usually had the scoring potential of the guy selling the Puky pies in the stand.

Before the January deadline, a striker was talked about.  So if we can't get one on emergency loan (who wants to loan out a decent striker?), then we have to do something with what we have got.  I would like to see Sturrock (injured?), Razak or Joyce in addition to Peacock on the bench as well as Easton if not starting.  that's assuming that the hour's worth of Paynter has to be used up first, rather than last.  Easton has the ability to run in the box and score.  It can't be as simple as that, though, there must be something else going on.

Alternatively, play 4:5:1 for the first half hour, then send on Paynter with his meter running.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 19:30:16 by Crozzer » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 19:31:21 »

i think the forwards are the least of our troubles(that doesn't mean they are doing well currently mind).them and the keeper are ok.the defence and more importantly the midfield are much more worrying.
i find it more than a little worrying that kanyuka and amankwaa are having a run in the team.for me neither are good enough for stfc.easton,jpm,peacock,nalis and pook would get in before them if it was my call.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 20:44:55 »

i think the forwards are the least of our troubles(that doesn't mean they are doing well currently mind).them and the keeper are ok.the defence and more importantly the midfield are much more worrying.
i find it more than a little worrying that kanyuka and amankwaa are having a run in the team.for me neither are good enough for stfc.easton,jpm,peacock,nalis and pook would get in before them if it was my call.

Last two games, no goals.  We gave a stupid goal away yesterday, and had an allegedly stupid or bent ref on Tues.  We are more solid defensively, but not creative offensively.  That means, better strikers or more strikers or a trade-off for a presumably a more creative, but less defensive, midfield.  Ed Hadwin, on Saturday, mentioned that we had too many similar midfield players available.  If we don't create much, we obviously have to take the chances.  Wilson was pissed off because he had done everything right with team selection and tactics in his mind to have won the game.  He was really pissed about what led up to the goal and Brez being beaten on the near post, but not in the top corner near post, implying perhaps it should have been saved.

Wilson needs to find out who's willing to risk their bollocks against Cheltenham on Tuesday, and then select the team from there.  The much maligned Pook and Sturrock are probably prepared to risk their bollocks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 22:03:24 by Crozzer » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 20:50:22 »

I think people are forgetting that when Raszak came on at Oldham he was embarrassingly bad

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 20:52:29 »

Shhh, Hertha had stated he could become a cult figure at Swindon and I was hoping that was going to be the case Smiley
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 20:55:23 »

I think people are forgetting that when Raszak came on at Oldham he was embarrassingly bad

Trevor Benjamin scored against us, so Razak must have potential.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 22:00:08 by Crozzer » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, March 2, 2009, 08:47:08 »

This is Divvy 1......you either need to be good (Cox)....or big, awkward and give 120% to be a success.

I am sure that a knackered Tranmere defence would of winced at Razak crashing into them for the last 15 minutes on Saturday.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: