Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Cost Of Living  (Read 10683 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 20:25:24 »

was gonna say.

also shows the cost of living when in Stourbridge i can buy a lovely 3 double bed semi + garage + triple drive + landscapped garden for £132k.

for my house in Oxfordshire would cost another £100k easily

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 20:53:05 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
was gonna say.

also shows the cost of living when in Stourbridge i can buy a lovely 3 double bed semi + garage + triple drive + landscapped garden for £132k.

for my house in Oxfordshire would cost another £100k easily

It'd cost that much to dismantle it and rebuild it in O*frodshire that's for sure.   Not sure why you'd want to do it mind.

Talking about house prices....... :boring:
mattboyslim

« Reply #47 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 21:19:36 »

Stourbridge is a nice part of teh greater Brum too, I might end up back in brum and was a bit worried about how much housing cost up there, but that's very reasonable.  Mr Roundabout how does that compare to more central (but not dangerous) parts of Birmingham?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 22:41:20 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Rented for a year, left me practically penniless, so i've moved back to my parents gaff. I'll think twice before doing that again Doh

Having said that, i may have to rent while i'm at Uni in Poxford, but student accom prices are much more manageable, even if they aren't up to much of a standard

If you share with a few people it isn't as bad. My loan only just covered my rent and that was without bills.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, December 11, 2006, 23:11:12 »

I live 10 mins from reading and my two-bed maisonette cost me 150 k. Been here 18 months and next dor just been sold for 185. I moved in with my lady friend, which helped. Spread the cost as well as her legs. 15 grand will just about paty for deposit, fees and stuff, perhaps a bit left to get you started. It's all about Ikea early doors!
STFC Village

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 00:30:02 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
Rented for a year, left me practically penniless, so i've moved back to my parents gaff. I'll think twice before doing that again Doh

Having said that, i may have to rent while i'm at Uni in Poxford, but student accom prices are much more manageable, even if they aren't up to much of a standard

If you share with a few people it isn't as bad. My loan only just covered my rent and that was without bills.
I shared a house with 9 others, my first time around at Uni. Cheap as proverbial chips
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 00:37:57 »

£60 a week in Southampton  Sad

I could have probably got a cheaper place but I'd have only saved myself £20 a month which would have been spent getting to places on the bus as the cheaper places are nearer the uni and there's fuck all going on up there
STFC Village

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 00:42:41 »

£45p/w Cool But it was Eastbourne :| And the heating didn't work Sad  And our landlady was a bitch :x

Happy days Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 00:47:26 »

Were there cockroaches in the corner?

My second house was alright, really big but really old and could have used a lick of paint. But that said the heating worked and it was just shabby enough that the odd spill of wine or smell of a certain type of smoke didn't really get noticed.

Plus we had a shed that us lads used to get away from the girls. It had electrical supplies and everything. Also, there was a 'room' created at the end of the landing by some crazy previous occupant. It was literally 8 foot by 6 foot. Needless to say it became the hot box room.
STFC Village

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 01:02:52 »

Yep, we lived round the back of the local takeaway places. Which had obvious perks, but it meant we had a bit of a cockroach problem. It was a case of making sure you had shoes on when you went in the kitchen :|

'Hot Box'. Sounds kinky Cheesy
manc red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 01:07:27 »

currently paying £217 a month rent and £40 a month for bills in Manchester although should get some back from the bills at the end of the year.  Just 3 of us in a quality terranced house, no rodents at all which is nice Smiley
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 08:39:31 »

I live on my own and am in so much debt, but I wouldn't change it for the world. End of the day I'm on the property ladder.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 09:06:12 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Stourbridge is a nice part of teh greater Brum too, I might end up back in brum and was a bit worried about how much housing cost up there, but that's very reasonable.  Mr Roundabout how does that compare to more central (but not dangerous) parts of Birmingham?

never live north of the city. a fucking shit hole of the smelliest order.

Around stourbridge it is very reasonable. House prices are very affordable and what you get for your money is supurb.

I'm not too sure what other areas are like but i'd imagine pretty similar costs until you reach Harbourne, Edbaston, Mosley, Solihul etc.

Mate at work just paid £160k on a run down 2 bed house about 2 miles from Solihul.
it had no central heating, garage or drive and needed decorating top to bottom.

so for an extra £30k across the otherside of the city you lose a bedroom a garage and a drive + you have to decorate it.
madness if you ask me.

but thats what you get if you want the fancy Solihul Postcode

mattboyslim

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 09:16:10 »

Nice one magic, I lived in SW Brum for 4 years, but Selly Oak Studentville is very overpriced.  True about the northside though, proper dump.
Sharky

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 09:33:14 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Quote from: "Bartek"
How much for the rent of the flat ?
Quite small for one person...

I'm not renting Bartek, i've bought it.

My mortgage is £430 a month.

how the fuck you got a mortgage for that much on £161kHuh???

my mortgage on £130k is £650
my mortgage on my 1 bed flat for £60k was £380.

you must have put down one hell of a deposit Ralph

Think you've been diddled by your broker then magic...
I have one for £160K which is £630 and another for £300,000 which is £1300 (although this one pays off more than the other)

Its all about finding the best deals at the end of the day
(or having contacts in very good places at certain banks!!  Cheesy )

Sounds like Ralphy may still be interest only anyway
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: