Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 55853 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #465 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 10:39:21 »

The 'we always get shit refs' thing is past a joke as well.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 10:58:53 »

Ha, Spuddy has told the players what he thinks of them on twitter. Its quite entertaining

On another note, yesterday was fucking dire
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #467 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 10:59:19 »

I hate fans who moan about fans. there were a few stages the fans got behind them. we are being dished up total inept performances and its got to stage now where the fans need lifting as much as the players. At this moment i dont trust these players and wilson to get us out of this shit.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:10:05 »

Well that was very dissapointing it has to be said. I thought we were very poor and I thought Rochdale probably deserved to win. I don't remember us creating much and Benyon had no service all game. The midfield was just non existent. Just as well we got the goal at the end but to be honest a draw at this stage wasn't good enough.

I thought Dossevi was utter shite. I don't know why some of our fans rate him because for me he's dreadful. He's always offside and hasn't got a clue when he's got the ball. His touch was utter crap again as well. Timlin had a poor game and so did Frampton and Ritchie when he came on. I must say I really didn't understand Wilson's subs yesterday. Why take Manks off and move Caddis back to RB as it was working well until that point and Caddis was the only real bright spark in attack for us. To make things even more confusing he decides to put Prutton on at RM instead of just bringing on JP. What was all that about? For me Timlin had to go off sooner and Prutton should have gone in at CM straight away. Really bizzare.

And finally the league table. Doesn't make for good reading at all and teams have plenty of games in hand on us now sadly. We've got 3 away games in a row now and for the first time this season i'm genuinly starting to believe we will go down. At least we might get a trip to the Kassam next season. Fingers crossed.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:29:19 »

Have'nt read back, so here goes...

Piss Poor overall. Swirling wind.  Had a sweep in the car back that Wilson would state the conditions were terrible in his after match report and he never let me down......Shame that Rochdale created 3 clear cut chances to score in the first half an hour, otherwise this 'excuse' might of held some water....

Only positives for me were Flints contribution and Benyon scoring on his debut.

Flint looked very comfortable and Benyon...well.....scored...and we didnt buy him to do aything else did we?

All the rest didnt look like they had played with each other before...it was utter dog shit.....Rose kicking the ball out again FFS....

Sorry Dos, i love you but you will never ever be a striker...better as a wide midfield man to me. I did laugh when a deep cross came in and he went backwards as two Dale defenders attacked the ball to clear...hopeless.

Prutton came on was solid and really chivvied us up and in my book thats a disaster cos i hate the prick but fair dos to the bloke he seemed to want it when he came, something lacking with the others.

More baffling subs from Wilson, i despair.

Dale must be pissed off as we were there for the taking.

This is relegation form my friends and fuck knows how we will get out of it!

Giving Orient a miss this year....so we will probably win...cmon Town.

See you at Exeter....

Clems Army!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:44:53 »

I could only on the radio, why was Amankwaah subbed for Prutton?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #471 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:46:00 »

Because we changed formation. As I said on another thread, it did make things happen, unfortunately at both ends of the pitch.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:48:42 »

Because we changed formation. As I said on another thread, it did make things happen, unfortunately at both ends of the pitch.
Oh ok, don't recall them mentioning that at any point. Just assumed Cadds dropped back.

cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 11:51:05 »

Caddis did drop back and we lost the overlaps on right wing that we'd had in the first half.
The midfield did need boosting and bringing on Prutton helped there.
But given the ineffectiveness of Doss why not have taken him off instead of Kevin and tried 451 with Prutton pushing forward from midfield and Ritchie and Caddis attacking on wings?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 12:06:52 »

Caddis did drop back and we lost the overlaps on right wing that we'd had in the first half.
The midfield did need boosting and bringing on Prutton helped there.
But given the ineffectiveness of Doss why not have taken him off instead of Kevin and tried 451 with Prutton pushing forward from midfield and Ritchie and Caddis attacking on wings?

Yeah that's exactly what I thought was happening when they said Prutts was about to come on...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 12:35:48 »

I thought we were very poor and I thought Rochdale probably deserved to win.

I don't agree with you there. I thought they were as poor in attack as we were. For me a draw was a fair result.

Not sure what's happened to me this week. I'm usually pessimistic.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #476 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 13:57:41 »

I left with about 10 minutes to go which is the first time I have left a game early since the Malpas days. Neither side were playing good football and the game was utterly depressing. The fans have given up too - most I have spoken to are sure we'll go down.

Wilson, Fitton and even the players are living on past exploits and need to fucking realise we're in a very dire situation.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 16:12:56 »

Actually it said that there is a short term gain but 12-18 games later the "honeymoon period" is negated and in fact you end up getting fewer point per game than you were with the old manager. i.e. you are better off sticking with the old one.

http://www.wbs.ac.uk/downloads/news/2009/10/what-is-the-impact-of-changing-football-manag.pdf

As Reg guessed it probably was more of an opinion than fact, although I do feel I had read it somewhere once.

On the basis of the above though, it seems as if we'd be better off sacking Wilson and getting someone short term to see us though until the end of the season then getting a permanent replacement in the summer?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 16:45:53 »

No idea.

He came on, Caddis went to right back and Prutton played right midfield. Then 2 minutes later we went to a 4-3-2-1 with Ritchie and Doss off of Benyon. Then went to a 4-3-1-2 with Doss back up top - then after all that we took off Timlin for JPM and went back to 4-4-2 but with our main attacking threat and best player at right back instead of right wing.

Utterly baffling. Could have avoided all that bollocks by straight swapping Prutton for Timlin, leaving Amankwaah at right back and Caddis right wing.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 16:57:25 »

I just hate our fans.
Same. Some of the cunts around us do my fucking head in at times! We generally take the piss outta them to lighten the mood, but jesus....We have more than our fair share of fucktards, that's for sure.

The game was poor yesterday, but in those conditions it's never in a million years going to be good viewing.
We had a few chances to put the game to bed in the first half. Benyon missed a guilt edge chance, when all he needed to do was connect with the ball and it was in. JD and O'Brien both blazed over when they had time and space inside the box etc etc....A few positives here and there, but overall, poor.

Ho'hum, roll on Leyton Orient.

YOU REDS!
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 17:02:36 by PHIL!!!! » Logged

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: