Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rochdale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 55856 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #450 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 22:34:51 »

Are you criticising Jonathan Douglas' Player of the Season contribution from last year?
No just highlighting his goalscoring contributions to prove a point to DRS.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 22:44:35 »

No just highlighting his goalscoring contributions to prove a point to DRS.

But your point was needing a player that 'ran the show', which is what Douglas did last season. Which is correct and therefore makes DRS correct, right?

Had you said, "what we need is a central midfielder who can dictate AND score goals" then yeah, you would be right.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 23:08:32 »

well reffed that man

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 23:12:33 »

We've had eight managers in the last ten years including six in the last five and where the fuck has that got us?

We sack Wilson, appoint whoever, a soon as we start playing badly, have a shit season we sack him and we start all over again.

Managers need to be given time.

Look at Moyes at Everton. He came in saved the club from relegation, next season they finished seventh, the season after that they had an horrendous season and finished 17th then the season after that finished 4th and by and large since then have been consistently in the top eight.

Chopping and changing managers lead to nowhere.

This.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 23:50:23 »

This.
/quote]

Errm..not THIS. Hardly a fair appraisal is it ? Of those 6 managers how many were "released" and how many left us of their own volition ?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 00:16:23 »

Two left to join another club, one resigned, three were sacked.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 00:23:11 »

Not saying we deserved three points, but the ball was rolling when they took the free kick. Would be nice if we could have a dodgy decision in our favour one day.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 00:27:43 »

I think even Martin 'Rabid Mad Dog Cunt' Allen would be a better choice.

NO! NO! NO!
If even a fraction of the stories I heard about his time at Cheltenham are true he would be a disaster.
Not a road we even want to contemplate taking!!!!!!!!
Coca Fola

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 00:38:24 »

But your point was needing a player that 'ran the show', which is what Douglas did last season. Which is correct and therefore makes DRS correct, right?

Had you said, "what we need is a central midfielder who can dictate AND score goals" then yeah, you would be right.
Well sorry your majesty. Next time I'll send off a draft for you to check.  Wink
Lumps

« Reply #459 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 02:18:51 »

We've had eight managers in the last ten years including six in the last five and where the fuck has that got us?

We sack Wilson, appoint whoever, a soon as we start playing badly, have a shit season we sack him and we start all over again.

Managers need to be given time.

Look at Moyes at Everton. He came in saved the club from relegation, next season they finished seventh, the season after that they had an horrendous season and finished 17th then the season after that finished 4th and by and large since then have been consistently in the top eight.

Chopping and changing managers lead to nowhere.

Christ! People don't like facts to get in the way of a line of argument do they? Read that and it sounds like Swindon are positively QPR-like in their approach to team management.

In fact, in the five year period you talk about, we've had five full time managers, only two of which were sacked, Malpas and King. Ignore the 5 month hiatus for the Terry Brady inspired ludicrous flirtation with Roy Evans, and Andy King was given over 4 years in charge of the team.

Which leaves Malpas, who was clearly a mistake. Anyone think he should have been given more time? .... Thought not.

Hardly a history of chopping a changing and sacking managers at the drop of a hat is it?

And your David Moyes comparison is just fucking stupid. Moyes manages a club that has been closer to the bottom than the top of their league for transfer funds available and wage bill. We're easily in the top 5 or 6 richest clubs in our league.
Do think Moyes would have survived the couple of seasons just avoiding relegation at Liverpool, Chelsea or even Spurs?

For this league we spent a proper chunk of money in the summer and more in the window, and are only outside the relegation zone because Tranmere can't seem to get through 90 minutes of football at the moment.
flammableBen

« Reply #460 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 02:32:09 »

Wasn't iffy sacked too?
Spencer_White

« Reply #461 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:23:52 »

That was painful to watch. I worried about the wind, but to be honest the game was very even.

Another extremely poor afternoon's entertainment at the CG. Wish I could have come in the ground on 75 minutes, because the rest was a waste of time.

Crowd was deadly quiet. Depressing.
dell boy

« Reply #462 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:35:36 »

That was painful to watch. I worried about the wind, but to be honest the game was very even.

Another extremely poor afternoon's entertainment at the CG. Wish I could have come in the ground on 75 minutes, because the rest was a waste of time.

Crowd was deadly quiet. Depressing.

Apart from a couple of games, just the norm since December.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:36:54 »

I was well impressed by the formation flying of the litter across the DRS - most entertaining
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:58:07 »

Our control of the ball is fucking useless, they just panic then either punt the ball up field or lose it.

That'll be because every time they slow it down and put their foot on the ball half the fucking crowd scream at them to "GET IT UP THERRRE"

I didn't go yesterday so I'm not in anyway trying to defend the performance - it sounded woeful.

I just hate our fans.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: