Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It was twenty years ago today...  (Read 14937 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:13:47 »

I was in the shrivvy too that day  Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:17:54 »

Were you still in the Shrivvy at the end of the game to shake hands with those Leicester fans who came over to say hello?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:20:26 »

Were you still in the Shrivvy at the end of the game to shake hands with those Leicester fans who came over to say hello?

Are you confusing it with that opening day 0-0 game when they got on the pitch and someone at the front of the shrivvy said hello on their own?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:24:22 »

Are you confusing it with that opening day 0-0 game when they got on the pitch and someone at the front of the shrivvy said hello on their own?

wasnt that the year before 1992 when we just stayed up
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:27:43 »

can't remember, but they brought about 3k and it was definitely the first home game of the season.

Edit. 17th Aug 1991.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:35:31 by 4D » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:37:05 »

Quite possiby.

That was in my pissed up at football heyday so anything was possible
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:44:53 »

I remember the Leicester game referred to...insofar as they came on the pitch at the end of the game, and a number of Town fans in the South Side rapidly vacated. Experience taught me that such things were a bit like walking through a field of cows, don't retreat, as they'll follow you, stand and make some threatening noises, and they'll run away themselves...and so it proved.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:41:12 »

In those days reg you could get out of the south stand in less than an hour.  Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:03:33 »

The Leicester and West Hame games were identified by the club as Play off priority games, so you could keep your ticket stubs and use them to get in behind the season ticket holders.  The Adver also did a promo of some vouchers to add to this and then you had a sliding scale fo ticket releases.  I pre-purchased both games but accidently used my West Ham ticket for the Leicester one and had to pay to get another ticket for the West Ham one.  Ended up with one extra voucher which as it turned out was useful as I needed it to get an even number when combined with vouchers to get in on the day after season ticket holders.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:08:48 »

Huh?
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:07:32 »

20 years ago today we beat Peterborough at home 1-0, with a late goal from Paul Bodin.

I was mascot for that match!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 11:46:45 »

Twenty years ago today (Sat 24 Apr 93) we got a 1-1 draw at Notts County. I believe this result guaranteed us a play-off place....

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:35:40 »

Great thread recalling the Halcyon days.

I was living in the Midlands that season and was treated to about 6/7 matches Live on Central ITV on Sundays. For some reason they included Swindon in their football catchment. One of those matches was against Peterborough at London Road, think we drew 3-3 in an absolute corker. Did you guys in Wiltshire at the time also get to see these games on telly as I always thought back then Swindon was served by HTV and not Central?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:37:01 »

Great thread recalling the Halcyon days.

I was living in the Midlands that season and was treated to about 6/7 matches Live on Central ITV on Sundays. For some reason they included Swindon in their football catchment. One of those matches was against Peterborough at London Road, think we drew 3-3 in an absolute corker. Did you guys in Wiltshire at the time also get to see these games on telly as I always thought back then Swindon was served by HTV and not Central?

Shaun Taylor scored 2 at the right end and 1 at the wrong end that match.

Hammond's poor kick out gave Tony Adcock the equaliser. We also had an amazing team goal (finished by Micky Hazard) ruled out wrongly for offside.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:50:40 »

Shaun Taylor scored 2 at the right end and 1 at the wrong end that match.

Hammond's poor kick out gave Tony Adcock the equaliser. We also had an amazing team goal (finished by Micky Hazard) ruled out wrongly for offside.

I've always considered that to be the worst offside decision I've ever seen, Hazard was at least 4 metres onside.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: