Pages: 1 ... 803 804 805 [806] 807 808 809 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1248297 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12075 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 12:05:50 »

I’ve posted this before and I’m sure it must have some relevance.

Pointless promoting STs until we’re sure which league we’re in next season. Even this mob aren’t stupid enough to think fans will cough up £400 now and then find out we’re in the NL next season.

On the optimistic side - maybe our new saviours have said NO to the club selling STs until they take over.

I’ll go for my first option.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12076 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 12:14:41 »

I’ve posted this before and I’m sure it must have some relevance.

Pointless promoting STs until we’re sure which league we’re in next season. Even this mob aren’t stupid enough to think fans will cough up £400 now and then find out we’re in the NL next season.

On the optimistic side - maybe our new saviours have said NO to the club selling STs until they take over.

I’ll go for my first option.
Its definately not the optimistic option.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12077 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 12:15:08 »

Its not pointless. Prices have been released and there is no condition on league. If you think they would drop prices in the unlikely event we are relegated then you are mad.

So the prices are out, the 'discount' window has been advertised and they should be promoting them now, backed up by communicating and acting on a strategy to improve things.

Think of it this way, outside of the few number of fans who engage on this forum, or read STFC media, the club has 2 home games left, where they will likely have 7k homes fans (based on Notts County game) to sell/convince people that something is going to change and to support the club.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12078 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 13:01:27 »

When is the Fair Game analysis of the accounts out?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12079 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 13:07:36 »

When is the Fair Game analysis of the accounts out?

Surprised it wasn't yesterday...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12080 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 13:37:21 »

Surprised it wasn't yesterday...
I see what you did there Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12081 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 15:55:26 »

I am not entirely sure why people expect some sort of full court press from the club, there is literally nobody left with the right level of competence and expertise in leadership.  The guy running our Commercial dept is inexperienced (relatively speaking), the Manager of the football team is inexperienced, the CEO has about zero experience in anything meaningful, the players are all a mish mash of youth and injury prone youngsters who missed prime development years, or were about to be bombed by their Academy.

Nothing about that suggests anyone is left in the building to actually lead the business or football operations.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #12082 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:24:11 »

I think we expected it because they said we will get it. I’m not saying I believe it but sooner or later the gullible in me sneaks out and I expect it
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12083 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:43:50 »

I am not entirely sure why people expect some sort of full court press from the club, there is literally nobody left with the right level of competence and expertise in leadership.  The guy running our Commercial dept is inexperienced (relatively speaking), the Manager of the football team is inexperienced, the CEO has about zero experience in anything meaningful, the players are all a mish mash of youth and injury prone youngsters who missed prime development years, or were about to be bombed by their Academy.

Nothing about that suggests anyone is left in the building to actually lead the business or football operations.

Basically speaking believe nothing of what you hear and maybe 50% of what you think you see?

Personally I cannot imagine much coming out with this external audit. Surely it depends on what the club give them verses what they want you to see after they’ve been given the report back?

Seriously I doubt they’re going to submit to public scrutiny anything that makes them look incompetent, delinquent, shambolic or anything else you could insert that’s derogatory but truthful. I’m also scratching my head as to why the clubs accountants couldn’t help them do this. They do have accountants don’t they?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12084 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 17:59:41 »

I see we are hosting the final of the mens Wilstshire Premier Shield.

Some gall that, considering we couldnt even be fucked to play in the competition.

I bet the club begged the WFA to host it so they can get a few quid
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12085 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 18:06:43 »

I see we are hosting the final of the mens Wilstshire Premier Shield.

Some gall that, considering we couldnt even be fucked to play in the competition.

I bet the club begged the WFA to host it so they can get a few quid

With the youths on an FA Cup run and very little back up squad for a good six months, there wasn't really anyway we could stretch them to another competition.

What a farce.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12086 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 18:34:34 »

Basically speaking believe nothing of what you hear and maybe 50% of what you think you see?

Personally I cannot imagine much coming out with this external audit. Surely it depends on what the club give them verses what they want you to see after they’ve been given the report back?

Seriously I doubt they’re going to submit to public scrutiny anything that makes them look incompetent, delinquent, shambolic or anything else you could insert that’s derogatory but truthful. I’m also scratching my head as to why the clubs accountants couldn’t help them do this. They do have accountants don’t they?

That is the point - there is nobody left.  nobody of consequence, in terms of actual experience, knowledge and gravitas that is.

Take Watts - I am not knocking the man, I don't know him personally.  Nothing about his record suggests he'd be a CCO of a League One football club (which should be our aspiration, at a minimum).  A few years doing sponsorship and running events for small clubs and still boasting about the fact he is an MC.  The sort of chap you'd have reporting into a CCO maybe, but not a CCO.

Take Hall - I give him less benefit of the doubt because his interviews have been horrific, and if you take a CEO position, expect some expectations.  His experience is basically being a yes man to Clem in a business that failed, and another one that failed, with a background that most decent sized construction firms would look at any maybe give him a Managers gig, not running the fucking company.  I'm not being funny, I'd wager I'm better qualified for a CEO role.  On top of that, it's a CEO in an industry he had zero experience in.

Take Russell - the most experienced of anyone in role as it happens.  You'd probably let him run an Academy, he seems to know the game and kids.  Again, though, a Director of Football Operations, overseeing recruitment at all levels?

From the outside, I don't see any evidence of any competence - we simply look poorly run, even to those not looking for fault, surely?  What we do get is a complete spaghetti at the wall approach to running a football club.  In the world of football you can get lucky - we seem to rely on that, like the crop of youths.  None of that is well planned - it's not built to be sustainable.  We haven't invested in the infrastructure, the support operations or the staff required to maintain that

The Chris Moyles thing looks to me like a James Watts brainstorming session - guys, we need an idea, anyone got one?  It's not part of a great Commercial Plan, it's scattergun.

The Stadium proposals - oh, yeah, there are none, still.  Not even a hint at some grand plan - by now you'd expect some blue sky ideas to be out there, with silly artists impressions, that gradually get refined into something more affordable and realistic.  We don't even have that - possibly because the company that was going to lead on that is crumbling around it's owner, our owner.  We are basically the scenes in Inception where their dreams begin to disintegrate.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #12087 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 19:09:23 »

Watts is better qualified than Hall to be CEO. Says something that. To be fair I like Watts - he replies to emails and fronts up. Hall on the other hand is a sack of shit.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #12088 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 19:45:02 »

I see one of the Trust board members has messaged someone on Twitter about a takeover opportunity and saying the club is badly run….

https://twitter.com/nickcoote/status/1775087414853185903
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12089 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 19:46:20 »

Brighton having just made record profits are 'working on becoming sustainable' having paid back some of their owner loans so they 'only' owe him 370m instead of 400m!

Just to give more of a sense of why sustainable talk amuses me so much.

Brighton make record £123m profit after fine season - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68691248
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 805 [806] 807 808 809 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: