Pages: 1 ... 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254380 times)
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #10605 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 09:21:38 »

I like those questions. Clear, and polite - if they don’t answer those it would appear they are trying to hide something.

One practical thing to remember is cash flow needs and losses are not the same. Based on interviews Hall certainly doesn’t appear to understand this. I assume CM probably does.
To calculate this season’s profit / loss you’d include season ticket income - most of which was paid in April to June last year so will have paid wages etc in May /June 23 - last season’s costs.

On a separate point, i have been away so missed last week’s circus and have just caught up with CM’s media tour.  The thing I found really challenging was the bit around others owning around 20% of the club but (according do CM) “it’s only me and Anthony running the club” - that’s either a lie or a major worry as both are clueless about how to run a football club.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10606 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 09:23:39 »

I like those questions. Clear, and polite - if they don’t answer those it would appear they are trying to hide something.

One practical thing to remember is cash flow needs and losses are not the same. Based on interviews Hall certainly doesn’t appear to understand this. I assume CM probably does.
To calculate this season’s profit / loss you’d include season ticket income - most of which was paid in April to June last year so will have paid wages etc in May /June 23 - last season’s costs.

On a separate point, i have been away so missed last week’s circus and have just caught up with CM’s media tour.  The thing I found really challenging was the bit around others owning around 20% of the club but (according do CM) “it’s only me and Anthony running the club” - that’s either a lie or a major worry as both are clueless about how to run a football club.

Quite right on the distinction between cashflow and profit/loss, although there's s clear relationship. I have a vague memory that STs paid for on credit card used to get paid to the club in stages over the season, although I don't think we ever took credit cards for STs this year... another dark amber flag!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #10607 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 09:26:20 »

Its a sham of a process, but fair play for trying to play them at their own game.

One thing that surprises me is the lack of scrutiny on the debenture recall. CM says Power forced it in 3 days, Companies House says Power never purchased them.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00053100/charges

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10608 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 09:43:37 »

Not trying to justify the expenditure but I do believe that some of the maintenance they have done on the stadium has cost more than expected.

With regards to whether the costs were expected, didn’t they say in one of the AB meetings that they were expecting a loss of over £1m this year, which we all (quite rightly) questioned at the time.

The problem is these are all costs that are hidden so could be genuine or just ways of siphoning off money

Clem and the club could put a lot of the fans questions to bed by (and I think it was Ardiles who already alluded to this) just bloody showing their workings. If the £1.1 million was to cover unexpected stadium renovation or whatever then why can't the club walk through them with the Trust who could then give a relatively detailed explanation as to where this money has gone.

The constant vagueness of these things is the frustrating thing. Of course fans shouldn't expect a regular forensic analysis to be provided by the club, but for owners who have been very vocal about the fact that the club has been run badly by shady owners in the past and are trying to put right these wrongs and had made a promise to be open and transparent about things, they need to step up to the plate and start being open and transparent.

Because of all the financial heartache Swindon fans have been through in the past, for the club to say in one statement - we didn't use all the player budget in the summer and have some leftover for January and then in another say - Clem had to put 1.1 million to cover costs really doesn't provide much confidence at all. The fans forum is just over a week away. Perhaps questions will be answered properly then (I have my doubts)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10609 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 10:05:24 »

Have we brought Diane Abbott on board?  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10610 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 10:34:01 »

Its a sham of a process, but fair play for trying to play them at their own game.

Why is it?

I have my reservations about what I think will happen, mainly time related, but what have you seen that you don't like?

if all the questions are about Clem's favorite cheese then fair enough.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10611 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 10:36:13 »

Why is it?

I have my reservations about what I think will happen, mainly time related, but what have you seen that you don't like?

Who is asking the questions at the forum? It would be good if it was Hawes, or someone from the Loathed Strangers Podcast (Dan or Terry would give them a right grilling I imagine) was to do it.

It'll be Vic Reeves won't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #10612 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:04:53 »

Why is it?

Because detailed questions get brushed aside with less than a sentence answer.

Cant even get a straight answer on plan for a bike rack.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10613 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:18:30 »

Why is it?

The people in the room ought to be able to discuss any plans and the various challenges with it, but the minutes don't paint that it's a discussion, more an update and a few Q's being asked, a few A's taken away to look at.
The fact it exists is lovely but it could be used for so much more if the Club and other parties wanted to actually discuss matters openly

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10614 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:31:54 »

I'm not sure I'm completely subscribed to that view, but I can see it as a possible explanation. I struggle with it though, there are people in the Trust (not all of them!) who I have a lot of historic respect for, it seems a bit wild that just *now* they'd suddenly become completely toothless peons at the worst possible time.

As for Clem, I definitely do think there's a bit of the Boris Johnson "say whatever helps in the moment and hang the long term consequences" - but for me, that's a reason to get him on record saying stuff which may or may not prove clearly false later.

Ultimately, we're going to, in the next couple of months, submit the club accounts for 22/23. Whilst there's more room for creativity in accounting than people probably realise, they will on some level give proof/disproof to a lot of the claims that have been made - or at least bring up more questions (perhaps another 7 figures rise in 'administration expenses'?)

I don’t think they have suddenly become completely toothless peons just now. I think they’ve been that for years and the consequences of it are just becoming clear and apparent now

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10615 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:33:33 »

Because detailed questions get brushed aside with less than a sentence answer.

Cant even get a straight answer on plan for a bike rack.

Ah, fair enough. Yeah I see where you are coming from.

The people in the room ought to be able to discuss any plans and the various challenges with it, but the minutes don't paint that it's a discussion, more an update and a few Q's being asked, a few A's taken away to look at.
The fact it exists is lovely but it could be used for so much more if the Club and other parties wanted to actually discuss matters openly

Can only thing they don't think/care they have a credibility and trust problem. At least not in the numbers that make them worry. Or maybe there is another reason they don't want to discuss things...

"don't worry, things must be fine they keep buying season tickets".

I remember a local councilor saying the same about the local Tory party controlled council.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:36:21 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10616 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:45:53 »

Interesting Twitter thread on Twitter. Paul D looking for an answer/answers from the Trust which appears to be just totally ignored. Not a good look really.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10617 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 12:03:44 »

Looking for the right words, but hopefully the new Trust board will be a lot more combative & in the face of the club, while at the same time being a lot more up front with the membership.

Just had the thought, would the Trust board members on the CG JV committee, who are standing down also have to stand down from the JV?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10618 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 12:51:57 »

IMO the mission statement needs to be re-written to include the JV, or at least reference it

The Trust also needs to take stock of the mission statements and whether the activities they're engaged in either a) have a tangible outcome or b) pull towards one of the stated goals of the Trust.

There's an opportunity to re-establish the relationship with the club and the fans they represent. I'm sure a lot has happened behind closed doors but other than a statue and collecting up AB questions, I couldn't tell you what the Trust are actively doing on a monthly basis.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10619 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 15:19:54 »

Loving the article on the adver site which Clem says quite confidently that there will be no points deduction from the non disclosure of share transfer - because the lawyers have told him what will likely happen.

Is this the same lawyers that told him he did not have to disclose the share transfer to the FL - if it is then I would be worried !? 
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: