Pages: 1 ... 702 703 704 [705] 706 707 708 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1250027 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10560 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 19:10:57 »

If ever there was an example of why some of our Facebook fans are so naive in their support of Clem. Today I was at a kids party and one of the other Dads who I know is militant in his defence of Clem wandered across and said “rumour is Wayne Rooney was in Aldi on Drove Road yesterday”  I laughed thinking he was joking and he followed up with “He would be a great appointment to get the fans back”
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10561 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 19:24:39 »

If ever there was an example of why some of our Facebook fans are so naive in their support of Clem. Today I was at a kids party and one of the other Dads who I know is militant in his defence of Clem wandered across and said “rumour is Wayne Rooney was in Aldi on Drove Road yesterday”  I laughed thinking he was joking and he followed up with “He would be a great appointment to get the fans back”

They live amongst us
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10562 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 20:17:15 »

You really need to stop going to kids parties. It's not healthy  Cheesy

Thinking of heading onto THAT FB page and just commenting on any ridiculous comment that they're a cunt. Be interesting how long it takes to get banned. I know it's silly but the thing is, it'd probably have the most factual accuracy than what is generally posted on there.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10563 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 13:52:54 »

Wonder what lies and bullshit will come out to get ST renewals.

Don’t see half the number tbh u less he sells up
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10564 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 13:59:07 »

Wonder what lies and bullshit will come out to get ST renewals.

Don’t see half the number tbh u less he sells up

We were chatting about this the other day. I think the agreement was that we'd be lucky to top 3k given this season and what's happening off the field.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10565 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:05:17 »

You really need to stop going to kids parties. It's not healthy  Cheesy

Thinking of heading onto THAT FB page and just commenting on any ridiculous comment that they're a cunt. Be interesting how long it takes to get banned. I know it's silly but the thing is, it'd probably have the most factual accuracy than what is generally posted on there.

You'd be surprised considering I'm not banned yet.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10566 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:07:11 »

I know this isn't the preferred option but if in theory we went in to admin, could/would the administrators look at the outgoings at the club and fuck the likes of Adam Harts strength and conditioning fees off for example?

Might be the next best option to starting again.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #10567 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:40:25 »

I know this isn't the preferred option but if in theory we went in to admin, could/would the administrators look at the outgoings at the club and fuck the likes of Adam Harts strength and conditioning fees off for example?

Might be the next best option to starting again.

Don't think administration will be an option. Don't think there are any secured creditors apart from 'unsavoury characters' who wouldn't petition for administration gor obvious reasons. Key question is probably how long the contracts are that are financially depleting the club. If they are long-term then the club is finished.

The best things that fans should do in the circumstances is to stop going to games to try and bring matters to a head. It would be better than
another 10 years of decay.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10568 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:42:12 »

Also we werent we threatened with expulsion from the league if we went into Admin again
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #10569 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:43:32 »

Also we werent we threatened with expulsion from the league if we went into Admin again

Not sure I follow. Don't think administration would be an option in the current circumstances.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10570 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:47:35 »

About 20 odd years ago I think admin was like three strikes and you’re out.
Third time would be bankruptcy & expulsion.

However, now a days I think clubs don’t really go into admin do they? Owners plug the gaps with director loans meaning there are no external creditors.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10571 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:49:14 »

Clem would have to put us into Admin then the Administrators would agree a % in the £ to the people we owe money to which is Clem. So he’d be basically doing himself out of money - so won’t ever happen.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10572 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:51:53 »

However, now a days I think clubs don’t really go into admin do they? Owners plug the gaps with director loans meaning there are no external creditors.

Wasn’t there a time limit on the 3 times, so if the 3rd one was within x years you’re out.

Although as you say, as most of the money we owe is to Clem he’s hardly going to force us into admin, unless it becomes cheaper to do that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10573 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:52:37 »

Then some more crooks would buy the club for a knock down price
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #10574 on: Sunday, January 21, 2024, 14:55:24 »

I think administration can only apply if a secured creditor petitions for winding up. The most common creditor who brings petitions against football clubs is HMRC but this wouldn't be administration but liquidation. As I said I don't think administration would happen in Swindon's circumstances. In any case in administration I don't think contracts are legally voidable. A buyer would have to take on the contracts of the club and which buyer in their right mind would do that in the current circumstances. Liquidation would get rid of these contracts but the club would have to start again.
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 704 [705] 706 707 708 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: